Denon1912, LG 86” with Netflix & PS3/PS4. HELP!!!!!!

DraganMitic

Novice Member
Hi guys. I’m dumbfounded!! I have a 86” LG TV and Denon 1912. We tried to watch a movie on Netflix through the LG app on the TV. All I get is some crazy garbled noise through the surround speakers. Turn off the Denon, and it’s fine going through TV speakers. Turn on the Denon and back to garbled.
if I go through PS3 or PS4 to use Netflix and Denon, it works as it should. So I’m lost. Netflix on PS3/4 works with Denon. Netflix on TV app makes sounds out of Denon garbled?
Anybody ever come across this issue and know how to fix it?

Attachments

• 05920F31-4016-47E0-93C8-32358314F945.jpeg
    05920F31-4016-47E0-93C8-32358314F945.jpeg
    318.9 KB · Views: 9

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

Do you have the LG's audio set to bitstream of Dolby Digital? The TV is eARC and the Denon basic ARC so there could be a handshake issue there. If you have an optical cable then I would try that. You're not losing any audio quality as Netflix is a maximum of Dolby Digital Plus and optical will give you Dolby Digital. Both are lossy SD formats.

DraganMitic

Novice Member
Welcome to the Forum.

Do you have the LG's audio set to bitstream of Dolby Digital? The TV is eARC and the Denon basic ARC so there could be a handshake issue there. If you have an optical cable then I would try that. You're not losing any audio quality as Netflix is a maximum of Dolby Digital Plus and optical will give you Dolby Digital. Both are lossy SD formats.
Thank you for the welcome. And thank you for replying. I will look at the LG audio bitstream vs Dolby and see if any of that works. If it doesn’t, I’ll just use Netflix on PS3 with surround until I upgrade my Denon. It’s old and it’s time. LoL.
thank you for your help!!

dante01

Distinguished Member
The AUTO or the PASS THROUGH option in the disgital audio output configurations on LG TVs equates to BITSTREAM.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom