Denon, Yamaha or something else?

chownsie79

Hi,

I've recently been renovating my house and have been very much focused on multi room audio, we've 4 Dali Phantom E60 speakers bought to date for our home extension.

We've been speaking to a few suppliers of AV equipment but have been getting the normal sales pitch on preferred systems, HEOS, MusicCast or something with Systemline S7.

I've wired the house with cat6, speaker cables in the lounge (18ft x 10ft to be a cinema room) for 5.1.4 for ATMOS.

I'm now thinking the most important thing is the right AVR - so I can buy the rest of the equipment around it in a scale up fashion over then next few weeks and months.

What we are looking to do is;

Lounge Cinema room;

5.1.4, possible projector/screen, with the ability for zonal music

Extension;

Music zone with TV - possible the TV audio through the 4 Dali's

Bedrooms and Bathrooms;

Music zones

I've considered the Yamaha R-N602 initially because it comes with MusicCast and although a little bulky, it is cheaper than the Yamaha WXA050 and Denon HEOS amp, this would get the audio up and running in the extension and possibly with a sub.

This would however, tie us to MusicCast.

AVRs are the mine field for us at the moment, needs to be Atmos 5.1.4 and preferably able to be utilised for audio. I wonder is, for example a 3060 would be overkill?

The Systemline S7 spanner has been thrown in as it seems pretty scaleable but I'm not entirely sure I know enough about it to fully understand quality over the other systems mentioned above.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom