Question Denon x4500 or Yamaha A2080 ?

Alphafighter

I know this question has been asked quite a number of times, but I am still having trouble to choose between the two,

I know that Yamaha is better than Denon in terms of musics, but is Denon better than Yamaha in terms of Movie?

is the surround AI function really useful?

has anyone switched from Yamaha to Denon (or the other way) and what's your thought??

Thanks so much.

jwramsay

A few months ago I was looking at upgrading my Yamaha A840 receiver to Denon X4500.

I went to Richer Sounds to check the X4500 out but the salesman was keen on making me opt for a Yamaha A1080 which had been returned by a customer after 1 day (15% restock they charge!)

I researched very carefully the two and the X4500 was the winner in every way bar 1, which was no backlit remote control.

I purchased the X4500, which was a snip at the time as RS matched a Peter Tyson offer so I got a god price and 6 year warranty for free, as well as a £20 HMDI cable - £930 all in!

I was worried it would not sound as good as my beloved Yahama but it does, its superb. The remote is crap but apart from that all good. I use it for movies.

But you are aiming it against a higher model Yammy, so must be a close call - what are you upgrading from?

jwramsay

I had a look and see RS now have the X4500 at £999 matching Peter Tyson

jwramsay

RS will throw their warranty in to match that too, as PT is 5 years.

The Yamaha A2080 is £1400+, so £400 of a difference, makes it a nobrainer I reckon.

Alphafighter

A few months ago I was looking at upgrading my Yamaha A840 receiver to Denon X4500.

I went to Richer Sounds to check the X4500 out but the salesman was keen on making me opt for a Yamaha A1080 which had been returned by a customer after 1 day (15% restock they charge!)

I researched very carefully the two and the X4500 was the winner in every way bar 1, which was no backlit remote control.

I purchased the X4500, which was a snip at the time as RS matched a Peter Tyson offer so I got a god price and 6 year warranty for free, as well as a £20 HMDI cable - £930 all in!

I was worried it would not sound as good as my beloved Yahama but it does, its superb. The remote is crap but apart from that all good. I use it for movies.

But you are aiming it against a higher model Yammy, so must be a close call - what are you upgrading from?
I am upgrading from Yamaha A1070