Denon X4400h Display Screen Question

PWRR

Novice Member
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if someone can help me.

I've been searching online for ages and looking through the user manual but can't find what i'm looking for.

Is there a way of changing what's on the display screen? At the moment it shows which surround sound option is selected. I.e Dolby Atmos etc. Can you change it to show when it's playing HDR10, Vision etc?

Thanks.

PWRR

Jase

Distinguished Member
No, although you can get extra audio and video information if you go into the main menu and scroll down to General - Information and select either Audio or Video - HDMI Signal Info.

I'd imagine your TV would also have it's own Info button on the remote that displays what format it's currently receiving.

PWRR

Novice Member
No, although you can get extra audio and video information if you go into the main menu and scroll down to General - Information and select either Audio or Video - HDMI Signal Info.

I'd imagine your TV would also have it's own Info button on the remote that displays what format it's currently receiving.
Hi Jase.

When i press the info button on my Panasonic remote it just says 3840x2160/HDR. Unless if i'm watching Netlfix then it says Vision/Atmos. All other streaming apps don't say Vision when i press the info button. Just says HDR.

I saw that other information you mention in the settings menu but that's very long winded. I was just wondering if it can be displayed on the screen instead of what audio is playing.

PWRR.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Hi Jase.

When i press the info button on my Panasonic remote it just says 3840x2160/HDR. Unless if i'm watching Netlfix then it says Vision/Atmos. All other streaming apps don't say Vision when i press the info button. Just says HDR.

I saw that other information you mention in the settings menu but that's very long winded. I was just wondering if it can be displayed on the screen instead of what audio is playing.

PWRR.

Similar to my Panasonic although mine doesn't have Dolby Vision. Most Apps apart from Netflix don't display anything at all when I press the Info button. That's down to the App Developer though.

Unfortunately there's not anything else you can do with the Denon apart from what I've posted above.

Last edited:

PWRR

Novice Member
Similar to my Panasonic although my doesn't have Dolby Vision. Most Apps apart from Netflix don't display anything at all when I press the Info button. That's down to the App Developer though.

Unfortunately there's not anything else you can do with the Denon apart from what I've posted above.
Thanks for clarifying Jase.

PWRR

dante01

Distinguished Member
An AV receivewr is primarilly there to process the audio signal so its display concentates on giving you info on the audio signal and or the processing being applied to said audio signal/ Video is basically passed through an AVR and the AV isn't intended as the destination for that part of the signal. If wanting info on the video then your TV is the device you'd be looking to in order to ascertain the type of HDR it is processing. The AVR doesn't process HDR and passes it through to your TV to deal with.

Most TVs will indicate wherher the video being shown is inclusive of HDR10, Dolby Vision or HLG. Those TVs able to process it will also indicate when HDR10+ is detected. TVs usually indicate the type of HDR briefly in the corner of the screen when you start playback or switch to a new input.

The most you get from the AV as far as the video signal is concerned is its resolution and frame rate in the video info menu. You'll not get anything regarding HDR indicated via the AV receiver's menus or its display. Look to the devices processing the video if wanting more info regarding the HDR if present.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom