Question Denon x4100w and x2300w questions

Areyoutheguy

Established Member
Reaction score
How come the x4100w is listed as a 7.2 yet has 9 inputs?

And how come the x2300w is listed as a 7.2 atmos yet has only 7 inputs? Does that mean it's either 7.2 or 5.2.2?

How come the x4100w is listed as a 7.2 yet has 9 inputs?

And how come the x2300w is listed as a 7.2 atmos yet has only 7 inputs? Does that mean it's either 7.2 or 5.2.2?

The AVRX4100 only has 7 integral channels of onboard amplification, but can simultaneously process up to 9 channels. This additional processing ability allows you to add 2 more channels of amplification via the receiver's pre outs which means you can potentially have a 7.1.2 or a 5.1.4 speaker configuration.

The AVRX2300 has 7 integral channels of amplification and only 7 channels of audio processing. Neither does it include pre out so its 7.1 or 5.1.2 capabilities cannot be expanded upon.

You can add 2 more channels via external amps to the AVRX4100, but you cannot expand upon the AVRX2300 out of the box capabilities.

Thanks!

The only issue is the x4100w doesn't have that HCP2.2 thing, but at the same time I'm not planning on getting 4K in the near future.

So I'm a bit stuck, the x4100w has more outputs and atmos at an affordable price or the x2300w is more future proofed.

Neither will the AVRX4100 have the ability to handle DTS:X.

Do you actually have room to accommodate a 7.1.2 or a 5.1.4 speaker setup? If Atmos is of interest to you then it should be noted that many of the HD Blu-rays now being released lack it while the UHD release includes it.

I can't say I even know of a retailer who still has a boxed AVRX4100 still in stock? You/re going to be hard pushed finding one unless looking to buy a used model.

I'd be buying used, I wasn't really considering it then I seen one used for not much more than the 2300w, just seemed like more bang for buck apart from the hcp2.2.

As far as I know from what I've read the 4100w has dtx, atmos and can be upgraded for auro3d also?

The AVRX4100 doesn't have DTS:X and wasn't issued a DTS:X update. It preceded the models able to accept a DTS:X revision and isn't able to accept such an update.

DTS:X update availability

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom