• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon x4000 settings

dlemon

Established Member
Hello guys sorry to be a pain about settings again, I re ran the audessey xt32 on my Denon x4000 again because I thought I knew what I was doing and messed up the settings when I tried to tweak the sub setting, it has returned settings of,
Front left -2.5
Front right -2.0
Centre -2.0
Sub -12
Surr left -2.0
Surf right -0.5

Crossovers
Front 100hz
Centre 80hz
Surr 40hz
Do these seem like normal settings as the general volume control seems very low, or do I need to increase the levels/crossovers
Kit Denon x4000
Kef 3005se (eggs)
Some advice would be very helpful, or is the xt32 calibration just a guide and not a stone wall setting,
Thanks

dante01

Distinguished Member
The sub level is too low. You need to reduce the volume level on the sub itself using the dial on the sub and then run the calibration again. Try to get the sub level closer to 0. After the calibration is complete, ignore the crossover and speaker sizes and manually set all your speakers as being small with a crossover of 100Hz.

dlemon

Established Member
Hi dante01 thanks for the quick response, but unfortunately there is no volume control on the sub, so can't really adjust that, have you any other suggestions please
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom