Denon X3700H sound cutting out

Moldiver

Just installed a 3080 and I have Denons free box to fix the hdmi issue all setup but the sound on the receiver keeps cutting off and on, and if I set it to something other than multi in it will switch back and forward.
I had a 1080ti and didn’t have any issues like this so I assume it’s something to do with the 3080

Anyone came across this issue?

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Wonder if its the data stream of the cable you fighting now. Try dropping the resolution to see if its stops the issue as a test. If that corrects it, then it most likely means you need a better HDMI cable which can match the data stream being sent from your 3080 graphics card now you have Denon's unit which is meant to have fixed the previous issue by not being able to accept the full band width

Moldiver

Wonder if its the data stream of the cable you fighting now. Try dropping the resolution to see if its stops the issue as a test. If that corrects it, then it most likely means you need a better HDMI cable which can match the data stream being sent from your 3080 graphics card now you have Denon's unit which is meant to have fixed the previous issue by not being able to accept the full band width
I think you might be correct, I disconnected the box and went straight to the avr and no issues. Im using like a 20m fibre optic hdmi cable which is hdmi 2.0, I was happy to just have 4K 60hz for a while but looks like I’ll have to grab a £180 cable 😩

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
I'm not 100% sure if its that, but it just sounds like a cable issue to me. Did you notice any sparkles in the image to? This is usually a good indication that you've taken the cable as far as it can go as sparkles are usually seen just before dropouts in my experience

Also make sure you haven't coiled the fibre cable anywhere, this can create its own issues, so if you have, try straightening it out as best you can to see if that correct it. Sounds an odd one, but long optical cables used to have issue years ago and as its a fibre cable, I suspect it will still have the same issue

Last edited:

Moldiver

I'm not 100% sure if its that, but it just sounds like a cable issue to me. Did you notice any sparkles in the image to? This is usually a good indication that you've taken the cable as far as it can go as sparkles are usually seen just before dropouts in my experience

Also make sure you haven't coiled the fibre cable anywhere, this can create its own issues, so if you have, try straightening it out as best you can. Sounds an odd one, but long optical cables used to have issue years ago and as its a fibre cable, I suspect it will still have the same issue
No issue with the pic and the cable runs under the house so hard to check, I don’t imagine it’s coiled ad there’s nothing under there to move it.
I wonder why straight into the avr works and the box denon provided has issues. the 1080ti was plugged into the box as well with no issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom