Denon x3600h problems inc heos and zone 2

yuzi87

Standard Member
Hi guys

So i just setup all my new kit

Denon 3600h running 5.1 and tv main zone
Running 2 speakers and tv zone 2

I find it very buggy,
Main zone has to be on for zone 2 to output video.
Sometimes no video zone 2 unless you kinda trick it by selecting options on main zone.
Swithing inputs main zone can affect zone 2 video/sound.
Main zone no audio unless you select the audio option again e.g dolby, multichannel.
Alexa via heos can not play playlists, can not change hdmi inputs.
Zone 2 can not be controlled via alexa.

Now im thinking maybe i should be looking for another amp that lets me do what i want which is simply to tell alexa to play my playlist on zone 2

Infuriating that in 2020 such limited functionality

D

Deleted member 24354

Good luck finding that AVR. When you do please let me know. Alexa control is still relatively new and I think that it will be a few more generations before you see that level of tighter integration. I think that your expectations exceed where technology actually is.

As for your Zone 2 output, it sounds like your AVR maybe faulty or you have poor HDMI leads as my 3400H does all of that fine without the problems that you seem to be facing.

Dasiz

As mushii has stated, you'll struggle to find an AVR with better integration with Alexa.. i have a Marantz SR6012 so pretty much the same as the 3600, getting alexa to play well is very hit and miss... I do have a harmony elite, which makes the process much easier..

I also utilise a second zone and have not had any of the issues you state, main zone does not need to be on to push sources through to tv and audio to second zone speakers.. it could very well be a faulty HDMI lead, how long is the run from the AVR to the second zone tv? however with the issues you state it does sound like the AVR could be faulty..

yuzi87

Standard Member
As mushii has stated, you'll struggle to find an AVR with better integration with Alexa.. i have a Marantz SR6012 so pretty much the same as the 3600, getting alexa to play well is very hit and miss... I do have a harmony elite, which makes the process much easier..

I also utilise a second zone and have not had any of the issues you state, main zone does not need to be on to push sources through to tv and audio to second zone speakers.. it could very well be a faulty HDMI lead, how long is the run from the AVR to the second zone tv? however with the issues you state it does sound like the AVR could be faulty..

Second zone is connected via a hdmi over ethernet module only <10m.

What is the harmony hub?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom