Denon x3600H & Mission 704a Connections

multibreed

Standard Member
Dear all, I very much hope you could share your views/advice on the following install I am looking to do.

I currently have the above AVR and Speakers, to which the 704a are tri-wired but also have a self-amplified bass unit(see below pic). Having spoken to Mission directly, they have supplied the following diagram (see second pic below - N.B. the diagram refers to the 705a rather than 704a - difference one less amplified bass driver). Mission have kindly confirmed that the bass driver can actually be used as a sub and that the MF and HF can be feed via separate amplifiers (extract below from Mission service chap)

You can leave the links fitted between the HF and MID terminals on the back of your Speakers, the links must not be connected to the Woofer LF terminals.

Now you can connect the 704A LFE or Line input to your AV Amplifiers line level output (Pre or LFE).

So the thought I have is as follows.

I would like to connect both Sub pre outs to the Line in connection of the 704a - so to have dual subwoofers.

I would then like to utilise the bi-amp aspect of the X3600 and connect to the HF and MF terminals.

The questions which arise from this install are:

1. Am I creating an issue driving the HF and MF from the 3600 in bi-amp mode. I ask, as normally the bi-amp would feed LF and HF.
2. Can the 3600 support this kind of set up?

I would be most grateful for any input on this set up.

Thank you

Cliff

704a Back Panel.jpg

705a Diagram.png

Denon x3600 back panel.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom