Question Denon X3600: downscale one output will it affect the other?

Sampson

Established Member
Reaction score
TLDR; Can I use converters to downscale a secondary HDMI output from a Denon 3600 to 1080p and then svideo without it affecting the primary 4K HDMI link to the TV in anyway at all?

detail:
I‘m debating between LG c9 and Philips 804 as love ambilight and have tons of Hue (well over 20) but concerned the Philips motion is not as good and I can’t stand watching TV without adding in the extra frames to make things smooth.
I’m considering getting the LG then pulling out an old ambilight setupI made which runs on svideo input and also buying the hue play box to manage the hue bulbs.
I would need to have the denon 3600 connect to the TV and still have all the exact same features and quality eARC, 4:4:4 etc whilst using a secondary HDMI output from the 3600 to go into the hue play and then use the hue play output to a 4K to 1080p downscaler which then goes into a HDMI to svideo converter which then finally feeds my ambilight. (Alternatively I may split the HDMI of the secondary out and feed both hue play and downscaler at the same time).
My main concern and ignorance, is if I do converting and stuff to the 3600 secondary output, will it somehow mess up the primary connection to the TV or make me loose features?

TLDR; Can I use converters to downscale a secondary HDMI output from a Denon 3600 to 1080p and then svideo without it affecting the primary 4K HDMI link to the TV in anyway at all?

detail:
I‘m debating between LG c9 and Philips 804 as love ambilight and have tons of Hue (well over 20) but concerned the Philips motion is not as good and I can’t stand watching TV without adding in the extra frames to make things smooth.
I’m considering getting the LG then pulling out an old ambilight setupI made which runs on svideo input and also buying the hue play box to manage the hue bulbs.
I would need to have the denon 3600 connect to the TV and still have all the exact same features and quality eARC, 4:4:4 etc whilst using a secondary HDMI output from the 3600 to go into the hue play and then use the hue play output to a 4K to 1080p downscaler which then goes into a HDMI to svideo converter which then finally feeds my ambilight. (Alternatively I may split the HDMI of the secondary out and feed both hue play and downscaler at the same time).
My main concern and ignorance, is if I do converting and stuff to the 3600 secondary output, will it somehow mess up the primary connection to the TV or make me loose features?
It may help to answer if you can show the process via a diagram. From what you are saying I understand the HDMI process flow as

X3600 HDMI out 2--->Hue play box--->4k to 1080p downscaler-->HDMI to SVideo converter

I suspect, but could well be wrong, that unless the hue play box or the 4K to 1080p downscaler present themselves as 4K along the entire HDMI process the Denon is going to lower it's output to the lowest common denominator i.e. 1080p when both of it's main zone HDMI outputs are used simultaneously.

Yes, that’s right.
the map would be:

X3600 HDMIMonitor 1-—>4K LG9 TV
X3600 HDMIMonitor 2--->Hue play box--->4k to 1080p downscaler-->HDMI to SVideo converter

Ultimately I suppose the question is; will the X3600 change the HDMI 1 output if I do stuff to mess with the HDMI 2 output?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom