Question Denon x3300w humming from Subwoofer output

Tyler Durden

My Denon X3300w is outputting a humming noise to my subwoofer.
This doesn't happen all the time, but is definitely coming from the Sub as I can make it stop by disconnecting the RCA lead.
Can anyone help me fix it?

dante01

Distinguished Member
Sounds to be more than likely a grounding issue.

Tyler Durden

Why would that happen intermittently?

dante01

Distinguished Member
No idea as to why or even if it is an intermittant issue? Try regarding it as a ground loop issue and attempt resolving it as such.

As well as the suggested remedies, also try a different coax cable between the sub and the AVR.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I had a similar issue, turned out to be a dodgy connection to an LED controller. Mine was intermittent too.

I've also known failing transformers for lighting and even a fridge cause issues so it might be worth trying to track down any common factors when the issue occurs.

Tyler Durden

Thanks guys. I'll do some more troubleshooting to try and get to the bottom of it.

Tyler Durden

I have learnt quite quickly that once the buzzing starts if I turn the amp off the noise stops, and it doesn't start again straight away when I turn it back on.
I haven't had the time to wait and see how long it takes for the noise to start again.

Tyler Durden

I have worked something else out. When the amp is buzzing, if I turn on the Loudness Management on (it's normally off) then the buzzing stops.
If I turn the Loudness Management back off again the buzzing doesn't immediately start again.
🤔
Strange.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom