Answered Denon X3200W, UBD-K8500, XBR65X930D - No HDR?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by elryry, Apr 17, 2016.

1. elryry

elryry
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Denon X3200W receiver, Samsung 4K Blu-ray player (UBD-K8500) and a Sony XBR65X930D 4K TV. I currently have it configured as the Blu-ray player hooked up to the receiver via HDMI, and then HDMI from the receiver to the Sony TV on HDMI 4 (ARC).

When I turn on the Blu-ray player and put in an HDR disc (Mad Max in this case), I get the following error message:

"This player is not connected to a High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible TV.

This Ultra HD Bly-ray Disc was mastered for optimal viewing on a 4K Ultra HD TV that supports High Dynamic Range (HDR). Video playback may vary based on your player and TV capabilities."

Based on specs, the TV, Receiver and Blu-ray player should have no problem playing HDR content.

Any ideas?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by elryry, Apr 17, 2016 (1 points)
  3. gibbsy

gibbsy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,075
    Have you configured the 3200 to just pass through the 4k content, ie, video conversion and i/p scaler set to off. Don't know if the 3200 is the same as my 6200 but to to set up, scroll down to general and look at the video information, it should tell you what the 3200 is receiving and what it is passing to the monitor. For example with my blu ray it will show 1080p/24 in 1080p/24 out, with a 4k I presume is would show 4k in and out. The player resolution should be set to auto?

4. elryry

elryry
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best Answer
    I figured out my problem here. Thankfully it had nothing to do with the receiver (go Denon!)

This was a setting on the Sony XBR TV to set the HDMI outputs from "standard" to "enhanced"

5. dmk1198

dmk1198

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +418
    When DTS x upgrade come?