Denon X3000 or something else?

Paul Reading

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am upgrading from an AVR3803 because we are now in n HDMI world and nothing works with my old amplifier. I have B&W 601's and 603's S1 must be at least 15 years old now (How time flys). I have decided to buy the DBT3313 and I will also need a new receiver. The obvious choice is the X3000 but it might not be the best choice. One thing it is missing is some kind of digital sound output either coal or optical. What I do want is to make sure that any receiver I buy has the ability to play music from a NAS server and supports 4K. I would also like DAB but the Denon does not support his. I would welcome some suggestions of any receiver of a similar budget. If the Denon is the best choice then please say so.

Thanks.

If you are buying the DBT 3313 then the X4000 is the more obvious choice since you could then utilise denonlink. It reduces jitter, for what that is worth. I was using denonlink with the two 3313s last year and in all honesty it made little difference. They were heavily marketed as matching products but I got rid of my AVR 3313 since I didn't like the sound. The X4000 is more expensive than the X3000 obviously, but now falling in price.

There is a mid range yamaha that has a dab on it but I can't remember which one now. Easy to look up.

Most of the mid range receivers you are considering will be 4K compatible and have networking features to communicate with your NAS but optical out will be harder to find at this level.

What do you want an optical or coaxial sound output for? Surely the receiver will be managing all the sound.

I have a MD recorder. I like to record plays on Radio 4. They are not POD casted so the only way to time shift is to record them on a device.

As far as I am aware I thought the optical outputs on most AVRs only works for sources into the receiver via optical. I am not sure if it also works for the internal tuner so you would need to check.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom