Question Denon X3000 AVR - PCM Flashing On & Off

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mohit T, Jul 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mohit T

Mohit T
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys.. I am reaching out to you for help on a very disturbing problem.

I have my Denon X3000 AVR connected to Samsung H8000 Series LED TV. My 5.1 was set-up in Singapore with no trouble. Recently I have relocated to Malaysia and reset my Home Theater at the new place. Everything else is fine except when I play YouTube or any other internet Application through Wireless internet on TV, the PCM starts flashing and the sound drops on & off. The same problem happens when I try to stream videos by connecting my phone to TV. Interestingly the sounds drop does not happen when I stream using Apple TV.

I also do not face this problem when I am playing the Set-top box or Blu-ray Player. There is no issue when I play Youtube directly on TV Speakers.

I am splitting hairs on it. Tried everything from switching the entire unit off and then restarting but no solution.

Any help will be most appreciated.

2. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,225
    PCM is a type of audio signal. The intermittent display and audio is a sign of signal dropout. I suspect you've an issue with your home network? Not sure what you mean by "streaming" video? THe receiver has no capability to render video accessed ober a network and cannot play video files.

3. Mohit T

Mohit T
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dante

By streaming video, I meant when I connect my I-Phone with the Samsung TV wirelessly. Then I can see my Youtube videos playing on I-Phone on the Samsung TV.

I am also suspecting it may be an issue with home network. But everything else except the audio drop during internet access is working perfectly. Also I am not sure how to check or fix the network problem.

4. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,225
    I can only suggest it more an issue with your home network which in turn suggests it could be caused by your router which is used to establish both your wired and wireless home network? I'd start by looking at your router.