Denon X2600h receiver location problem?

joysleep1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

After months of researching speakers and receivers, i have finally set up my home cinema.

Now the issue is that when i got my TV mounted just above my cabinet, i was using a standard soundbar and it did not occur to me that i may want to think about 5.1 set in the future.

And btw this i giant 85inch TV which i had builders wall mount because its too hard for me. (LOL). I had just about enough space to fit this receiver above the cabinet and under the TV.
There is no space either side of the TV at all. So it has to be under the TV resting on the cabinet. Now looking at the photos i have shown, its not completed blocked off in terms of ventilation.
Now the photos you are seeing are with the legs removed. There is like a 1.0cm gap now.
I know you are not supposed to remove the legs but i had no choice in doing so.

Is there a way i can utilize my USB fans and position them to cool the AV receiver to avoid it overheating. Tbh, we dont play anything too loud and the room we are watching is not generally warm. It is quite an open space and its the coldest room in the house.
But i was not sure where to positon the fans.

Any input will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG20220125074310.jpg
    IMG20220125074310.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 60
I don't think there will be any issues with heat dispersion where you currently have the unit although removing the legs may have a bearing on that issue, I don't know. To me it would simply be too much of a distraction and there may be some reflection in the TV screen. The fans could even add to that unless mounted at the rear.

Could you not place a cabinet besides or close on the side wall?

I don't think there will be any issues with heat dispersion where you currently have the unit although removing the legs may have a bearing on that issue, I don't know. To me it would simply be too much of a distraction and there may be some reflection in the TV screen. The fans could even add to that unless mounted at the rear.

Could you not place a cabinet besides or close on the side wall?
Hi

My subwoofer is there and then a separate shelf for my kids todays and other crap (lol). So no

This is the only place. If i put some fans are the rear which way should they be facing? Like is it ok for cold air to blow inside the vent?

Hi

My subwoofer is there and then a separate shelf for my kids todays and other crap (lol). So no

This is the only place. If i put some fans are the rear which way should they be facing? Like is it ok for cold air to blow inside the vent?
I wouldn't bother with the fans at the moment. If there is a heat build up problem, which is unlikely I feel, the unit will shut down by it's safety point.

I wouldn't bother with the fans at the moment. If there is a heat build up problem, which is unlikely I feel, the unit will shut down by it's safety point.

Hi

yes i heard that denon has a safety shut of mechanism in place in case it gets dangerously high but obviously would want to avoid that if possible.
I was just hoping the USB fans can be positioned in a way where it would decrease the temperature from building up. I dont really care if they can be seen or whatever

You shouldn't have any overheating issue from the pictures. The unit is not boxed in, there is free space above the unit, it's just that free space is divided into two by the TV. I wouldn't expect this to have much effect on warm air rising out of the unit.

As gibbsy says, don't worry about adding fans until you know there is a problem.
I can't see why it wouldn't have adequate ventilation as you currently have it.

You shouldn't have any overheating issue from the pictures. The unit is not boxed in, there is free space above the unit, it's just that free space is divided into two by the TV. I wouldn't expect this to have much effect on warm air rising out of the unit.

As gibbsy says, don't worry about adding fans until you know there is a problem.
I can't see why it wouldn't have adequate ventilation as you currently have it.

Yes fair enough. I would be ok but remember that i have removed the feet which is the part i am worried about

Yes fair enough. I would be ok but remember that i have removed the feet which is the part i am worried about
Ahh I missed that part.
Will it not fit with the feet? The gap looks bigger than the feet height.

Still I doubt it makes much difference. You could try putting some small rubber feet on which are lower than the original feet, just to raise it a little. You can get all kinds of sizes for dirt cheap on
Amazon.

Ahh I missed that part.
Will it not fit with the feet? The gap looks bigger than the feet height.

Still I doubt it makes much difference. You could try putting some small rubber feet on which are lower than the original feet, just to raise it a little. You can get all kinds of sizes for dirt cheap on
Amazon.

With the feet it literally starts to touch the bottom part of the TV. I can try get 1.0cm elevation blocks to help a litle.

I was hoping fans can compensate for the feet missing somehow

I'd get half height blocks and then see if you have any issues. I doubt you will.

I'd rather get some extra space under the unit rather than running fans.

The problem is that there is very little space to provide any elevation. I wish i mounted my TV a few more inches higher. So frustrating.
I just don't want my expensive equipment to blow up (lol)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom