Denon x2600h owners thread

Im sorry but I absolutely disagree with your comment. I have a STR DN1080, Sky Q and LG C9. I have HUGE issues with lip sync. The audio needs to be ADVANCED or video DELAYED. This problem is driving me bonkers. Any audio delay I input from any device just makes matters worse.

Nothing an AV receiver, a TV or a source does would result in the audio being delayed enough to cause the audio to be perceived after the video. THis is the reason that AV receivers and TVs don't have any ability to delay the video and only have audio delay.

If the issue is with your SKY Q box then it is caused by SKY not syncronising the audio with the video prior to broadcasting it via the SKY satellite network.

If I'm wrng and you are correct when implying that this is a major issue then why aren't the TV and AV receiver manufacturers giving users the ability to delay the video? The answer is because it isn't a major problem and rarely happens.

If you have an issue then it is with SKY and their ineptitude.

Last edited:
Im sorry but I disagree. Google this issue its a big problem. The response time of the C9 is VERY fast but the Sony amp does a lot of audio processing. (Ive upgraded from the 1050 which has slightly faster processing) This causes a video delay, If you'd like I can post a video to show this. It is a real problem I can assure you.

Audio processing takes very little time to execute and not enough time to cause a delay that you'd be able to detect.

If the Sony AV receiver is at fault then why is it only your SKY Q box that has this issue?

As said, if it was a major issue as you suggest then the manufacturers would have not only facilitated audio delay, they would have also included an ability to delay the video as well. It isn't a widespread issue, hence why the manufacturers don't address it or give you the option to delay the video.

The issue has absolutely nothing at all to do with the audio processing being done by your AV receiver. Having the audio out of sync with the video due to the audio being behind the video is rare and not a commn issue. I've not experienced it ever and I've had AV receiver for nearly 30 years. Lip sync issues are more often than not due to the video being delayed by the far more processor intensive video processing, hence why the manufacturers give users the means by which to correct this.

I'm not saying that you aren't experiencing it, but what you are experiencing isn't a common occurrence.

Last edited:
Audio processing takes very little time to execute and not enough time to cause a delay that you'd be able to detect.

If the Sony AV receiver is at fault then why is it only your SKY Q box that has this issue?

As said, if it was a major issue as you suggest then the manufacturers would hve not only fascilitated audio delay and would have also included an ability to delay the video. It isn't a widespread issue, hence why the manufacturers don't address it or give you the option to delay the video.
[/QUOTE]
It is a big issue that's all you have to do is search it on this site.
Who said that it was only my Sky Q that has the problem?
Please dont try to tell me that my sync problems dont exist, they are there, they are real. As I said I can post a video if youd like to see.
Its only with the new fast response OLEDS that this problem is coming to light.
People normally come to this site for help with their AV kit, not to be told the problem doesnt exist.

You've absolutely no idea as no why or how either audio or video delay occurs or the processing audio is subjected to by your AV receiver. Do a search of this board and then compare the instances you claim have issues such as yours to those where no such issues arise. Also compare the number of issues with lip sync where the audio is ahead of the video to the rare instances reporting the opposite.

What you are experiencing is not a common issue and rarely reported.

and you suggested it was relative to your SKY box by only listing that device as a source. It is also usually a SKY issue if and when people do report such occurences.

I've a C9 and I'm not experiencing this issue with any source. I don't have SKY though. You appear to be suggesting that a more powerful CPU onboard the TV causes the issue?

and no, I haven't said that your problem doesn't exist! Maybe read what I posted rather than accuse me of saying things I've not said. What help would you like? There's no way to rectify this issue for the reasons I've already stated on several occasions. I guess you could apply additional video processing in order to delay the video, but I doubt it would be a perfect solution or one which wouldn't have its own detrimental effects associated with it?

Last edited:
You've absolutely no idea as no why or how either audio or video delay occurs or the processing audio is subjected to by your AV receiver. Do a search of this board and then compare the instances you claim have issues such as yours to those where no such issues arise. Also compare the number of issues with lip sync where the audio is ahead of the video to the rare instances reporting the opposite.

What you are experiencing is not a common issue and rarely reported.

and you suggested it was relative to your SKY box by only list that device as a source. It is also usually a SKY issue if and when people do report such occurences.

I've a C9 and I'm not experiencing this issue with any source. I don't have SKY though. You appear to be suggesting that a more powerful CPU onboard the TV causes the issue?
As I said this is a real issue, please don't tell me its not happening. It is getting increasingly common with the new OLED fast response TVs.
Ive NEVER suggested it was a Sky issue.
Im an Electrical Engineer and do understand why the delay/advance occurs.
If you would like to see a video of the problem I can show you.
Just search on this site for the problem.
I really hope that the problem can be solved but with people denying it occurs is just going to make things worse for myself and the many others with this issue.
As a plus point how are you finding the TV? Its a nice picture.

As I said this is a real issue, please don't tell me its not happening.

I've not and never have.

Good luck finding a fix.

If you are suggesting it the TV at fault and I'm not experiencing the issue then I can only suggest the TV you have has a fault? Maybe return it under warranty????? As said, I've no such issue regardless of the source.

Last edited:
I've not and never have.

Good luck finding a fix.

If you are suggesting it the TV at fault and I'm not experiencing the issue then I can only suggest the TV you have has a fault? Maybe return it under warranty????? As said, I've no such issue regardless of the source.
No fault with the TV as far as im concerned in fact its excellent! Just saying because of the very fast response time it has highlighted this issue.
Thanks for appreciating that the issue exists and yes lets hope that a fix will happen.

I guess one of us who is seeing video ahead of audio needs to start from scratch, e.g. starting with TV apps only then adding external sources, and see at what point the sync issues appear.

I would think my setup is quite different from most as I have to cater for headphones as well as speakers. I have the external sources fed through a HDMI switch into the TV, then from there via optical to the processor box for Sony HW700DS headphones, then from there by optical into a sound bar. The sync adjustment for the headphones and sound bar are in different increments so it's also a challenge to get those two in sync with each other and not have an echo.

I guess one of us who is seeing video ahead of audio needs to start from scratch, e.g. starting with TV apps only then adding external sources, and see at what point the sync issues appear.

I would think my setup is quite different from most as I have to cater for headphones as well as speakers. I have the external sources fed through a HDMI switch into the TV, then from there via optical to the processor box for Sony HW700DS headphones, then from there by optical into a sound bar. The sync adjustment for the headphones and sound bar are in different increments so it's also a challenge to get those two in sync with each other and not have an echo.
Yes that's a good idea. Ive had a go at trying to eliminate the problem and it seems to be an amalgamation of things. Also ive contacted Sony who are aware of the problem but have no fix and Sky who are also aware of the problem, a Sky guy is coming on Wednesday to change the box. Obviously with the TV its pointless contacting LG as a characteristic of OLED is fast response time.
There are devices out there that can introduce audio advance (video delay) but I don't really want to add another level of processing unless I really have to.

I have an odd issue with my 2600H. When using Sky Q as input over HDMI when changing channels the sound disappears. It happens randomly but more often if I change channel (up/down) quickly. To get sound back I need to turn the Q box off and on, or press one of the sound mode buttons on the Denon remote.
My initial thought that this was a Sky Q issue but I'm no longer sure as last night I was watching but with headphones plugged in, however much I tried the sound would not disappear.
Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks in advance.
I've also noticed this and found a quick switch to another source and back on the amp returns the audio. I've been unable to find a reliable way to reproduce the issue.

Hi, Regards lipSync problems you guys describe, I feel your frustration as I've experienced this also. I've found that eARC on AMP connected to ARC on the TV can cause wired issues, So I experimented with the connections and found that just connecting your AMP using eARC to just an HDMI port on TV seemed to remedy weird issues like this. I found sometimes eARC=>ARC caused issues and just using a standard HDMI on TV seemed to remedy.

I also believe that you afre experiencing issues you describe and it can be a pain to resolve..Good luck buddy. P

Hi, Regards lipSync problems you guys describe, I feel your frustration as I've experienced this also. I've found that eARC on AMP connected to ARC on the TV can cause wired issues, So I experimented with the connections and found that just connecting your AMP using eARC to just an HDMI port on TV seemed to remedy weird issues like this. I found sometimes eARC=>ARC caused issues and just using a standard HDMI on TV seemed to remedy.

I also believe that you afre experiencing issues you describe and it can be a pain to resolve..Good luck buddy. P
Excellent thanks, will try this. Thanks for the advice. 👍

Hi,
Just got my 2600. I am using it with a 5.1 set up. The speakers at the back of the room shoud I connect them to the "surround" of "surround back" terminals for the best sound effects.. thank you in advance for any advice..

Hi,
Just got my 2600. I am using it with a 5.1 set up. The speakers at the back of the room shoud I connect them to the "surround" of "surround back" terminals for the best sound effects.. thank you in advance for any advice..

The best thing for you to do is to connect hdmi to tv and turn amp on. Select set up on menu and the user guide on screen guides you through step by step including how to connect speakers.
Great amp by the way hope you are as pleased as I am

Hi,

You'd only need to connect the surround speakers to the SURROUND terminals if only a 5.1 setup. This is irrespective of where you locate the speakers. You'd only use the BACK SURROUND terminals if you'd a 7.1 setup with another pair of surrounds located behind the location where you've placed the surrounds. The only other time you'd use the SURROUND BACK terminals is if reassigning them for Atmos where you'd use them to connect a pair of height, ceiling or upward firing speakers to give you a 5.1.2 setup.

You'd only need to use the BACK SURROUND if you'd a 7.1 or a 5.1.2 setup.

Other than the above, you'd not need or use the BACK SURROUND terminals if you've only a 5.1 setup.

many thanks,

Hi, set up going well apart from following problem. When I play just the TV through the amp it only plays in stereo. If I play the Tv chanels through my Humax box it plays the TV channels in Dolby S Sound. My Tv is a Panasonic TX-55GZ950B and I have it connected as below:

TV HDMI 1 connects to Humax box
TV HDMI 2 connects to AMP TV HDMI in ARC
Blu Ray player connects to AMP HDMI "3 Blu ray" so I go to TV HDMI 2 to watch a blu ray.

So if I press HDMI 1 on TV and watch a tv channel through the Humax get S. Sound. If I just watch the TV on the TV button it is in just Stereo. Therefore if I watch a film from Amazon Prime which the App is on my TV its only in Stereo.

I want to be able to control the amp volume through the TV remote hence using the ARC which is all working fine.

Thank you in advance and hope that makes sense..

Only had the X2600H for 4 weeks and still getting used to it.

I have an issue with volume changing in that occasionally the eco power meter will stay on the lower right of the screen. If I set the volume display to be at the top, it will show both the volume and eco meter along the top and then show the eco meter on bottom right when the top display times-out and goes away. Having it set to bottom is the same

Still does it with latest firmware update.

And talking of the latest firmware update, anyone else noticing the the 'now playing' screen doesn't time-out and go off after 30 seconds anymore? It would always go off prior to the update. Toggling the setting makes no difference.

Can't find any changelog for the update or a method of returning to the previous firmware.

That’s interesting because since I updated the firmware on my x2600 I have lost the volume graphic coming up on the TV. Before the firmware update I could see it.

In regards to the now playing page I only get that if I am playing music and it stays up the entire time.

That’s interesting because since I updated the firmware on my x2600 I have lost the volume graphic coming up on the TV. Before the firmware update I could see it.
Have you tried toggling through the top/bottom/off options in Setup/Video/On Screen Display?
In regards to the now playing page I only get that if I am playing music and it stays up the entire time.
Exactly, the setting in the same place as above can be either Auto Off or Always On - seems it's getting ignored. Auto Off is supposed to go to black screen after 30 seconds. Don't really want internet radio screen-burning my OLED TV :mad:

Anyone know a way to rollback the update?

I dint find a 1600 owners thread but the 2600 is almost the same.

I got a problem with the volume, when watching tv i have to put the receiver volume bar at 50% or higher to hear something. Then when i switch to Apple tv and watch Netflix the volume bar is still 50% on the receiver but the volume very loud at the Apple tv.

How can i change this, that the volume for every source is the same?

Any one knows how to cancel the volume bar that appears on the screen while adjusting volume?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom