Denon x2600H dolby atmos 5.2 using hybrid wired LR Front, sub + wireless LR Surround back HS1 via Heos?

AudioNewbie

Novice Member
Hi There,

I am planning to build my home theater for music, Dolby atmos movies and karaoke. I am also new to audio, and have done some research here and there and finally got a good bargain Castle Knight 4 as my front tower speakers for 300 USD.

Problem is i dont have any avr for now :D

I am planning to buy denon avr-x2600h:

Question: Can I connect denon avr-x2600h via hardwire to 2 passive tower speakers for audio hifi (music) + hardwire to 2 subwoofer and was wondering whether it can switch to dolby atmos 5.2 for movies using heos connection using 2x Denon Heos 1 as the SBR and SBL without running hardwire?

I saw my alternative for this setup using Heos Amp or Sonos Amp, but the other connections aren't as rich as 2600H. I am also planning to run a separate mic mixers with different set of speakers for the karaoke so i need to connections.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Vin

dante01

Distinguished Member
Denon's AV receivers do not fascilitate using wireless HEOS speakers as surrounds. The only AV receiver Denon made that would allow for this is their dedicated HEOS AVR:

The closest you'd get to what you are after if with one of Yamaha's MusicCast AV receivers. These do allow you to designate 2 wireless MusicCast speakers as surrounds:

The issue with this would be that the MusicCast speakers are only possible in a 5.1 or a 5.1.2 setup. They cannot be designated as back surrounds in a 7.1 setup.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom