Denon x2200w - no DD/DTS-Sound

Masterpeace

Novice Member
Hey guys, I'm new to you on the forum but hope you might be able to help me.

I have a pretty big problem with my Denon x2200w. I have not used the receiver for a year while it was well packed in the attic. After I set it up in the new apartment, I wanted to have it calibrated with Audyssey, of course, and there was already the first problem - there was no sound coming out of the speakers. After I could not fix this, I used the previous preset I measured and played a Dolby Digital and a DTS source each as a first test (own a 5.1 setup). Again, no sound came out and the AVR did not show DTS or DD(+) either. However, as soon as a stereo source is used, sound is played out.

To further narrow it down - any kind of resets have been done, recent updates applied and also multiple devices used (PS4, computer, Fire TV Stick). These were also each tested on different HDMI ports on the AVR.

I do not know if there was this problem before, or if there are ideas for repair? I suspect that over the cold in the attic the solder has become brittle and therefore the chip no longer has good contact.

Of course, this is all conjecture, but maybe someone of you knows the problem and can help me!

Dobbyisfree

Apologies to ask a really stupid question but, just to make sure, you're not powering on Zone 2 instead of the main zone?

I'm pretty sure by how you've described it that isn't the case but worth the question just in case.

Dobbyisfree

Another stupid one, you have nothing plugged into the headphone socket? And have you used it previously? If that is making some kind of contact it could cut out main speakers?

Masterpeace

Novice Member
Was my first guess! There were also sufficient statements on the Internet that dust has deposited there and it came to problem. No, it was cleaned with compressed air and there is also sound coming out of the boxes. Just not with Audyssey, Dolby Digital or DTS.

Dobbyisfree

Have you tried connecting any source using optical input (with 5.1) instead (don't forget to make sure the input assign settings cover this) then you can establish if there is a problem with HDMI input?

Masterpeace

Novice Member
Yes, I have already tried with the PS4 and Fire TV (via the TV). Same game, no sound.

What should be noted, if I have not made it clear - a picture is visible at all times and on the computer I get 5.1 PCM sound played. However, at no time the DTS/DD and as I said also can't calibrate the speakers as no sound comes out of the speakers as soon as I start Audyssey. Blutooth works as well and so does Spotify Connect.

dante01

Distinguished Member
If you've factory reset the AV receiver and still cannot get anything from it then I'd have to suggest it to be a hardware fault? THe only other potential and very unlikely scenario would be one where every single speaker and or its wiring were in some way compromised? I'd tend to suggest the former as opposed to the latter.

Do you get an error meassage when you run the Audyssey calibration?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom