Question Denon X2200 or X1300 or(Onkyo 646) + Harman Kardon HKTS 16

psi12

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am building my setup. At first i know speakers could be better, but even tough i have quite large room there is no option for that. I decided to go with small ones and within this price range. I mainly need it like 90% of the time for movies, 5% ps4 and 5% music.

Main problem is the amplituner now, I was thinking if to go for Denon X2200 or Onkyo 646. Onkyo i can have for a little better price but from what i read so far so far, Denon will be slightly better choice.

Main question now is if to go for X2200 or new one but smaller model X1300? what are the differences between this two. I know there are more Hdmi ports(6 is completely enough for me) also one more video port, but i will never connect anything but TV for that as well. How about other features?

Price for x1300 and x2200 is exactly the same in places where i can buy it

Many thanks for comments and help

Not sure if it matters for any features between this models that say about conversion. But i have recently bought Samsung 75H6400 that doesnt have 4k and will not switch this tv for many years

AVR - match up any Features you/your Sources/your Display requires to deliver optimal image/sound quality.

TV - as you have a FullHD (1080p) Display a lot of the 'UHD 4K' requirements of the most up-to-date AVR's may not be relevant, that will be down to which Source devices you want to use.

UHD 4K - if you do plan to have UHD Sources you may want to ensure your AVR is fully compliant but would then require a device between the AVR Output and the TV to 'convert' the UHD signal to work with the non-UHD TV (this device would cost around £100).

Speakers - movies are mostly produced for playing back through a system with limited range speakers plus a Sub woofer. Having small speakers is not such a problem as long as you have a decent Sub to underpin them. What speaker system have you gone with?

Room - how you layout the room is ultimately what will deliver (or hinder) good Sound reproduction.

AVR - unless you are going to take the time to 'audition' various AVR's you are unlikely to go wrong with any of the units on your shortlist in terms of sound quality.

Joe

upload pictures online

This is the picture of the main room, It has 45m2, but the "watching area" is the square about 4m x 4m, the rest is the dining area and kitchenette and its not relevant for the sound in there.

I will go with this speakers - HKTS 16 | Elegant 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System

Will have it for around 400 usd.

I am also leaning towards Denon AVR x2200 or AVR x1300. Should get both for similar price. Onkyo 646 would be a little bit cheapier, but i think i'd prefer Denon.

I understand that the difference is probably not relevant to my needs comparing X2200 vs x1300, but has to pick one and out of this two wich one would be the opton to go and why?

Thanks!

'and its not relevant for the sound in there' - you can't 'limit' the sound waves from the Loudspeakers to stay within your imaginary boundary. The lop sided layout will definitely have an effect on what you hear/how you configure the system.

Speakers - those HKTF would not be my choice in that room. If budget dictates you stay around 400 USD + AVR I would either go with a 2.0/2.1 system (for my combined budget) using a god Stereo Amp or go with an AVR and start out with just the Front LR + a Sub and add in Centre and Surround Speakers at a later date.

If you are in the US have a look at HSU Research - you can start with a 2.1 system and add additional speakers as required/budget allows.

Package Deals

Joe

Unfortunately those are not available in my country. Due to the shelf that is on the wall where tv is i cant put any big columns. depth is about 12 cm. So i have to go with small ones and mount them on the wall.

I read that this Harman Kardon ones do the job especially for the movies and its 90% for what i need it for. I dont think i can get anything better in this price range but will check some other options too.

Also the main questions, wich AVR from those two listed above would you choose and why:)?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom