Question Denon X1600H with LG OLEDBX65 and PS5 in the Future

rsian

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, after some advice please.
Looking to buy a Denon X1600H, used with Monitor Audio Radius 5.1 and a LG BX65.
I'm hooking up 5.1 for first time and want to future proof it for a PS5.
TV has 2 x HDMI 2.1 (one is eARC)
Would it work connecting the PS5 to the TV HDMI 2.1, and then the TV HDMI 2.1 eARC to the receiver?
I've seen similar questions to this asked a lot around the release of the PS5, but a bit hit & miss on whether or not it actually works?
What other config options with this set up are there as budget does not stretch to a receiver with HDMI 2.1
Appreciate any feedback!

yes that would work and that would give you HD audio via eARC. Only downside is with Denon's when you enable eArc you have to enable CEC which may or may not be an issue for you.

Thanks. Unfamiliar with CEC, but can see it is to do with using one control for multiple devices?
What could the negative impact of enabling CEC be?

Thanks. Unfamiliar with CEC, but can see it is to do with using one control for multiple devices?
What could the negative impact of enabling CEC be?

as long as its disabled on other devices you will be fine but if enabled it can cause issues with changing inputs on the AVR etc and random annoying behaviour

Im also in the same boat, wanting to make sure I am all set up for a PS5 with my AVR-x1600H.
Would it also work fine going from the PS5 > AMP > TV ?
As I am unsure if the amp can pass through HDMI 2.1 4K 120HZ/FPS or whatever it is.

Im also in the same boat, wanting to make sure I am all set up for a PS5 with my AVR-x1600H.
Would it also work fine going from the PS5 > AMP > TV ?
As I am unsure if the amp can pass through HDMI 2.1 4K 120HZ/FPS or whatever it is.
The X1600 is HDMI 2.0. Your PS5 connection would be direct to the TV and use the eARC function for a full HD audio return. This is of course only possible if your TV is also eARC capable.

Quick raise on this please

The Denon x1600 i thought it was 2.1

ive a lg oled cx 77 and have now acquired an x box series x

my question is ,can use plug my xbox to the receiver and then to my tv as which to get the 120hz on games [thank you in advance]

yes that would work and that would give you HD audio via eARC. Only downside is with Denon's when you enable eArc you have to enable CEC which may or may not be an issue for you.
With Denon/Marantz you don't need to enable CEC for eARC to work. If using ARC then like all other makes then you would need to use CEC for ARC to work.

@THE BOARS
Don't think it will do 120hz for Xbox. Mine doesn't seem to anyway.

Ah so i would have to go the same route ,x box into tv direct

Sorry guys, im trying to get my head around this

Ive run a 2.1 hdmi lead from my x box x to the cx
ive then ran a hdmi from the tv to the receiver [monitor ]

ive enabled arc with the tv ,still no sound ,i take it im doing something daft here

You need to follow this procedure on the Denon. Clicking on the red 'link' will take you to the appropriate pages in your models manual.

Setting procedure​

1. Enable the HDMI Control function of this unit.
Set “HDMI Control” to “On”. link

2. Turn the power on for all the devices connected by HDMI cable.

3. Set the HDMI Control function for all devices connected by HDMI cable.
Please consult the operating instructions for the connected devices to check the settings.
Carry out steps 2 and 3 should any of the devices be unplugged.

4. Switch the television input to the HDMI input connected to this unit.

5. Switch the input source of this unit to check that video from the player connected by HDMI is played back correctly.

6. When you turn the TV’s power to standby, check that the power of this unit also goes to standby.

NOTE
Some functions may not operate depending on the connected TV or player. Check the owner’s manual of each device for details beforehand.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom