Denon X1500h vs Sony BDV9200w

Ash90

Novice Member
hii ,
i recently upgraded from Sony Home theatre (High End Model from Sony) BDV 9200w to Denon AVR x1500h and Klipsch quintent 2 speakers 5.0 (JAMO 250 sub)

But im not getting what i was actually getting the experience from sony , well im new to AVR , but after couple of changes in settings also remains same ... since many says AVR are the best when compared to home theatres , why is this happening like this ? is it coz of klipsch speakers ?? the movie 5.1 tracks are not equal to sony's previous experience ... any suggestions would be glad .. please help :(
I have them in living hall ..

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
hii ,
i recently upgraded from Sony Home theatre (High End Model from Sony) BDV 9200w to Denon AVR x1500h and Klipsch quintent 2 speakers 5.0 (JAMO 250 sub)

But im not getting what i was actually getting the experience from sony , well im new to AVR , but after couple of changes in settings also remains same ... since many says AVR are the best when compared to home theatres , why is this happening like this ? is it coz of klipsch speakers ?? the movie 5.1 tracks are not equal to sony's previous experience ... any suggestions would be glad .. please help :(
I have them in living hall ..
Have you run the Audussey setup with mic placed on the middle seat opposite to tv with the cardboard mic stand, at least 3 mic positions in your couch (middle is 1st and the 2nd and 3rd within 30-60cm from the first spot). You would hear test tones played from your speakers and subwoofer.

Make sure behind the Jamo 250 sub you have connected the cable to Line In Left or Right, the gain (volume) knob around 12clock (50%), phase knob set to 0, cut off frequency knob (hz) set to 150hz = max. Also if you have to run Audussey set the power switch to "ON" position rather than Auto, you can change that afterwards. If you want stronger bass from your subwoofer you can try moving it to front corner.

After running setup make sure in the Denon menu you have speaker size set to small. Speaker crossover likely around 120hz for those small Klipsches. Don´t go changing the speaker or subwoofer distances!

Check from Denon menu that you have Audussey Dynamic EQ "On" and Dynamic Volume set to "Off".

Ash90

Novice Member
Have you run the Audussey setup with mic placed on the middle seat opposite to tv with the cardboard mic stand, at least 3 mic positions in your couch (middle is 1st and the 2nd and 3rd within 30-60cm from the first spot). You would hear test tones played from your speakers and subwoofer.

Make sure behind the Jamo 250 sub you have connected the cable to Line In Left or Right, the gain (volume) knob around 12clock (50%), phase knob set to 0, cut off frequency knob (hz) set to 150hz = max. Also if you have to run Audussey set the power switch to "ON" position rather than Auto, you can change that afterwards. If you want stronger bass from your subwoofer you can try moving it to front corner.

After running setup make sure in the Denon menu you have speaker size set to small. Speaker crossover likely around 120hz for those small Klipsches. Don´t go changing the speaker or subwoofer distances!

Check from Denon menu that you have Audussey Dynamic EQ "On" and Dynamic Volume set to "Off".
thanks for detailed one im trying it right away ... but woofer not giving good one... windows likely to shake and vibrate than effect is felt ...

does klipsch better than sony speakers from 9200?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
thanks for detailed one im trying it right away ... but woofer not giving good one... windows likely to shake and vibrate than effect is felt ...

does klipsch better than sony speakers from 9200?

Yes i believe those Klipsches are better than the cheap HTIB Sony package!

I hope you have some idea how the speakers should be placed. See link below. At least for the front three try to have them around seated ear height and spread them apart more (main L/R) if they too close each other.

Ash90

Novice Member
Yes i believe those Klipsches are better than the cheap HTIB Sony package!

I hope you have some idea how the speakers should be placed. See link below. At least for the front three try to have them around seated ear height and spread them apart more (main L/R) if they too close each other.
Thanks . I have done same thing . They are good as picture says ..
But I'm feeling front R and L has something to do ... power is not getting enough I feel ..

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom