Denon X1400H Support

liamptk

Novice Member
Reaction score
When configuring the speakers via the setup assistant I cannot select 'yes, no or back' on the first speaker (L) prompt. The only thing the remote lets me do is exit the setup assistant. The same behaviour is witnessed when entering the manual tone setup, I cannot scroll through the speakers or change the decibel levels.

So far I've tried...

• Performing the above with both speakers connected and disconnected
  • Factory reset the AVR
  • Updated the firmware
  • Using the app as the remote

Same behaviour all the time, I simply cannot get this to work.

In the Setup Assistant speaker configuration you cannot choose to have or not have the front left/right speakers They are there by default, because that is the minimum speakers required.

I am not familiar with the Manual Tone control, my AVR has Graphic EQ which is only available with Audyssey turned off and likely also needing the speakers configured first which might also apply to the tone controls on your Denon.

I am not familiar with the Manual Tone control, my AVR has Graphic EQ which is only available with Audyssey turned off and likely also needing the speakers configured first which might also apply to the tone controls on your Denon.

Your AVR-X6400 has manual tone controls. These have nothing to do with the manual curve adjustments facilitated by the Graphic EQ settings.

The following should be noted and may be relevent regarding the issue related by the OP:

• This cannot be set when the sound mode is set to “Direct” or “Pure Direct”.
  • This item cannot be set when “Dynamic EQ” is set to “On”. link
  • You cannot set this when no audio signal is input or in the menu “HDMI Audio Out” is set to "TV"

I believe the same restrictions would apply to the levels adjustments accessed via the OPTIONS menu?

The Tone adjustments are accessible while Audyssey is engaged. The same would be true of the uindividual soirce speaker level adjustments you access via the OPTIONS menu.

I'd suggest the OP cannot use the Tone adjustments because he has engaged Audyssey Dynamic EQ (an additional option within the Audyssey settings)? Go into the Audyssey settings and turn "Dynamic EQ" off if wanting to use the Tone adjustments. If you'd rather leave Dynamic EQ engaged then you'll not then be able to utilise the Tone adjustments.

Last edited:
Thanks dante that explains why I could not find the tone controls. The Option menu is one of those hidden menus that can only be accessed while playing something and as I use Dynamic EQ the Tone control is not just greyed out but missing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom