Denon-x1200w no atmos

Zippy77777

Established Member
Reaction score
When i play atmos enabled discs through my ps3 i get atmos on the amp. But when i play 4k videos with atmos soundtracks etc from you tube or even downloaded content my amp just says surround. Any ideas why it does not say Atmos. I dont know what its playing in?

YouTube doesn't use anything more than 2 channel stereo. You'd need at least 7.1 Dolby Digital plus to get Atmos and even then it would need to include Atmos metadata. Note that in most instances you need to be bitstreaming the Dolby 7.1 TrueHD soundtrack that comes with Atmos encoded content to get the Atmos metadata to the receiver. What makes you think the content you are accessing via YouTube or downloading includes Atmos audio? Even if the files that you are downloading include Atmos then you still need to bitstream the associated 7.1 TrueHD audio to the receiver in order for the associated Atmos metadata to be sent.

I guess coz the title says atmos. But i have downloaded atmos clips from the digital theatre and even they dont show as atmos on the receiver. Is there anything in atmos that I can play on my pc through my amp that is atmos encoded?

AS said, YouTube doesn't carry multichannel content, but if using a PC then you'd need to ensure that any files you are playing are set to bitstream their audio as opposed to the PC decoding it and outputting it as multichannel PCM.

How do you set a file you are playing to bitstream?

You'd need to configure the software you are using to play the file and the PC to bitstream the audio.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom