Denon Warranty Confusion

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by KAZER, Dec 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. KAZER

KAZER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi All

Got myself a new Denon 2930 DVD player this afternoon but I have a question regarding the warranty.

My understanding is all Denon goods come with 2 yrs warranty however on the dealers invoice it says parts & labour until 28th Dec 2007. Now the thing is I purchased the player from one of the authorised dealers listed on the Denon UK website.

So if I have the invoice can I go back to Denon after Dec 2007 assuming the invoice will be proof of age and expect full cover??

Any help would be welcome.

KAZER

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    As long as you have proof of purchase you should be fine.

However, I would be wary of purchasing from a dealer that did not make you aware of the 2 year guarantee.

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    assuming the invoice has a date of purchase on it then yes, you will be fine, although it may be worth registering the unit as well (ok its been a while since i bought my Denon equipment, cant remember if like most companies they give you a card you can send off....lol....if they dont, ignore this)

4. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Don't know if this wll be helpful or not, I recently brought a 4306 after installing I went through the paperwork, no registration cards etc, I contacted the dealer I bought it from and there reply was 'Denon' don't use them, they only go by serial numbers when there is problem, for what it's worth I'm now on my 3rd 4306 the other two were swapped out without to much hassle.