• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

denon vs yamaha vs pioneer receiver 2012

RSRAVI

Prominent Member
Whats the best to get

looking for Best Sound Quality and build quality with good ...

warrantry service if something goes wrong unlike SONY

any advice would be great ..

also looking to match it with 3D bluray player ....

thanks

PSM1

Distinguished Member
There will not be much to choose between receivers of the same level from all the manufacturers you mention. Which is best will depend on your personal sound preference so go listen to them and make your own mind up. Denon have some good deals on last years models at the moment making them very good value for money and hard to beat.

RSRAVI

Prominent Member
PSM1 said:
There will not be much to choose between receivers of the same level from all the manufacturers you mention. Which is best will depend on your personal sound preference so go listen to them and make your own mind up. Denon have some good deals on last years models at the moment making them very good value for money and hard to beat.

Denon seem to ha e hdmi handshake issues with sky HD boxes

PSM1

Distinguished Member
What do you mean by handshake issues? Not heard of any issues with the xx12 models (certainly no more than Onkyo etc.)
RS warranty is pretty good to be honest so I would not worry about that.

RSRAVI

Prominent Member
PSM1 said:
What do you mean by handshake issues? Not heard of any issues with the xx12 models (certainly no more than Onkyo etc.)
RS warranty is pretty good to be honest so I would not worry about that.

I have a denon at the moment and the screen goes black for a few secs due to sky HD and denon hdmi handshake know issue not sure if pioneer or yamaha have that issue too yet

Never had that issue with Sony av am but sound on sony not that good

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom