Denon V Yamaha

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mwillo, Feb 15, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Mwillo

Mwillo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Could someone please help me, I have a limited budget of £350 pounds to buy Home Cinema Receiver which can be used with tv, video, DVD, Sky Digital and various games consoles I have been looking round for a couple of months trying to decide and have now got it down to two choices both are available from richer sounds and are within my price range they are the Denon 1802 and the Yamaha RXV620RDS. looking through various reviews they both come out very well. And to be honest I am more confused now than when i first started looking.

Please hlp I jumped into buying a sony pro logic amp about 3 years ago and regrettd it so I dont want to make the same mistake again.

If there is a better amp then please give me your opinion.

Cheers

2. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Personally, I would get the Yamaha. The company still seems to produce excellent budget kit, despite loosing ground at the high end.

Russell

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im a big yammaha fan and own their gear myself (A1) but id say get the 1802.

Ive heard good things about it and it does have pro logic II

But really the yamaha is good and will not disapoint, but denon as the edge.

4. WSC

WSC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go and listen to both of them side by side. IMHO I think that the Denon has a clearer sound than the Yamaha. The Yamaha had more hiss on the rear channels than the Denon - but maybe I'm just being sensitive after having had a Yamaha 420 for a few weeks before swapping it for a Marantz 5200 (which is also in your price range and a good amp).

Rgds

5. jezzpalmer

jezzpalmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got a Yamaha RX-V800RDS for £370 delivered from Richer Sounds & I'm more than happy with it.

6. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I only say one word (even I say it three times): listen, listen, listen

Nobody (not we or any review) can tell you what you like, you need to listen yourself and decide, only then you can be sure you will be satisfied.