1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon upgrade

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by perry ferrit, May 11, 2003.

Tags:
  1. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a denon avc-a1se amp which i love to bitts and after waiting for a few months for the initial surge of upgrades to be done i booked mine in through my local gold dealer. That was the bigining of last september and because my local dealer is 45 miles away i booked it over the phone. My dealer informed me that because i was booking over the phone he wanted the full £599 upfront. After paying up via my switch card i was told that hayden labs would want my amp in october anyway to cut a long story short and after telephoning my denon dealer and hayden labs once a month for the last 7 months my amp has at last gone in for the upgrade, that was 2 and a half weeks ago and after ringing hayden labs 5 times with the promise that , someone from the service dept will ring me back ( i have yet to recive any call from them) i have rang me gold dealer again and demanded my amp and £599 back only to be told that hayden have rang and told my dealer that my amp would be back next thursday. Is it just me or has anyone else had the same service from hayden labs. I would not mind the wait but i was told when i booked my amp in for the upgrade that it would be done in oct and the upgrade would take 4 days or a week at most.

Denon, Great gear but very poor customer service

2. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I paid in full for my upgrade in September 2002 and finally sent my amp for upgrade in March 2003. Took 4 weeks before I got it back, after initial reports that it would be returned within seven days.

No music, games or DVD for a month for me. Having said that, the wait was worth it for THX Ultra2Cinema mode, which makes a great job of 7.1 interpretation of 5.1 soundtracks. It was a bit of a pain having to wait so long, but in the scheme of things it wasn't such a big deal.

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,014
    shame about the hassle Perry, but as above mate, the wait will be more than worth it.:) I couldn't live without mine.;)

4. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +752
    Denon UK have been very casual about upgrades from the offset.
    Their reluctance to 'try a bit harder' drives me mad.

I've been waiting months for my previously upgraded A1SE to be re-upgraded to 2nd edition Denon link.

Jules

5. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    My amp took around seven weeks to be upgraded, mainly due to a hoofup at the dealer rather than a problem at Hayden Labs. Basically the dealer didn't book it when he was supposed to and missed the first batches of upgrade boards. Didn't have to pay the dealer until it was finished though.

6. mrbones

mrbones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Customer service has gone down the tubes genreally speaking - here in New Zealand it is very poor - the consumer today is just an opportunity for a "sale" , rather than someone who deserves top-notch service. Your ordeal is totally unacceptable and yet we all keep going back to get the lousey treatment...there is a revolution, and some stores are breaking away from modern consumerism and going back to traditional values - Customer service is number 1 ! :)