DENON UPA-110 amp/reciever cuts out

MGB110

Novice Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon, I have landed here to seek some advise. I recently managed to get a vintage Denon separates system. The amp/reciever is upa-110
Invested in decent cable and plugs. All was sweet til today.
On trying to play some newly acquired cds and cassetes, only the right hand channel was alive. The left channel was dead. Checked all plugs and are secure and tight. Powered off and back on, the left hand channel popped back to life briefly but not as loud as right channel. (Balance was equal) i then adjusted the volume and it cut off again. I really love my Denon, would anyone have any idea where to start to diagnose the fault. Im not particularly technical so not really sure about opening it up. Possibility it could have dust or something on the amp or internals. Any advice appreciated
. Cheerd
Steve

Check the speaker cables and connections on the defective channel - ensure there are no stray wires. A short circuit would possibly close one channel down. Also try swapping the speakers around, if the problem is in the main system the fault will stay where it is. A faulty speaker/drive unit can also cause one channel to shut down.

Thankyou wineman, will try and swap the speaker wires and re check connectors. If the fault swaps to the right speaker then i guess its internal problem.

Update.Swapped the cables around and the cutting out swapped to the RH speaker. So it's definitely the LH channel. Was ok initially when i swapped and turned on. But soon as touch the volume or balance knob it cut out and was intermittent again. I cant recall which one. Any further suggestions forva fix with this info. Thanks in advance
Ste

It sounds like it needs a repair TBH. You could try a spray like Servisol on volume, balance, connection points on the LHC but you would have to get inside the amp to do this.

Sounds like a repair job to me. Can someone recommend a reputable Denon repair centre in sw England. Thanks for the advise

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom