Question Denon UD-M30 Turntable Query

arcam12

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've just bought a Denon UD-M30 off ebay to help reduce the size of my hi-fi! I want to connect my Pro-Ject Debut II (NC 507.0) turntable but I'm not having any luck. Do I need a phono pre-amp? If so, does it matter which one? I don't want to spend too much. Thanks

(Also does the same apply for my ipod? Ive got a cable with 3.5mm jack on one end and red & white outputs on the other but getting no sound through the Denon)

Yes you need a pre-amp for the TT. Just choose whichever fits your budget as you're unlikely to hear much difference with that setup.

You shouldn't need anything for the iPod though, so get that working before investing in a pre-amp. Double check that the volume of the iPod is at a decent level & that your are connected to a line in & not out.

An iPod dock may be more convenient & I believe some can make use of digital out from the iPod. But again, you may not hear much difference, especially with lossy files.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I managed to get the ipod working and also found that the record player will work but I had to turn the volume up to full and it sounded a bit 'tinny'. Would a pre amp resolve these issues? Thanks

Would a pre amp resolve these issues? Thanks
Yes.

Vinyl is pressed with an altered EQ so you need a dedicated phono pre-amp to both restore this & boost the low signal from the cartridge to line level for a standard aux input.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom