• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon UD-M30 - no sound through speakers or headphones

thehairthief

Novice Member
Hi

I realise this CD receiver is old and whilst I'd love to replace it and extend my Sonos system, after 10 years of solid service, I'd be sad to see it go.

I'm getting no sound from the speakers through any source. I have connected headphones and have the same problem (the system clicks to indicate it recognises the headphone jack is being used, but no sound).

When I turn the volume up, there is an occasional hiss from the speakers, but nothing resembling normal sound and nothing consistent. I can see the volume is going up on the display when I use either the volume knob or the remote.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

I've not opened it up, but probably will just to see if there's anything obvious, although I'm not an expert.

I'm guessing something internal has gone wrong - I'm just wondering if any expert out there knows what and whether cost is going to out weigh the benefit of getting it fixed.

Many thanks in advance.

P

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom