1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DENON TU 260L II - Arial/antenna advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by PaulJ2, Jan 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. PaulJ2

PaulJ2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i recently bought a tu 260l mk2

second hand so it came without the original arial.

Does anyone know how i can get hold of an arial and also how i might be able to use the fm (coaxial) antenna.

I spoke to someone who said it was possible to plug your tv arial straight into this for good fm reception!

any ideas?

cheers

PJ

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

Your tuner wouldn't originally come with an antenna ... your telly didn't either.
    The antenna supplied is usually an 'am' antenna which you can buy pretty cheaply.

To get the best FM signal, ideally, you really need to have a proper FM antenna on the roof (or possibly in the attic). Look around your neighbourhood and see if there any FM antennas on roofs... they are H shaped (or even a double HH)with the 'crossbar' on the H pointing towards the transmitter (probably in the same direction as your tv transmitter).

Alternately,(and cheaper) you can go to Currys, Maplin,or BQ and pick up a cheap T-Bar antenna with a coaxial socket for about a fiver. Try that and see how you get on.. plug it in and hold the antenna up above your tuner...hold the T out at arms length and move around to get the best signal. You can usually pin the T-bar to the wall with drawing pins.

If you can't get a decent FM stereo signal then you may need to install a proper antenna. Your tv antenna isn't any good for a FM signal.... all FM tuners and TV tuners can share a cable down from the attic by diplexing the signals from the tv and FM antennas together (in the attic) and separating them again at the socket.

hope that helps.

Brian