Denon TU-1800DAB:how can I desactivate news and traffic in dab mode?

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by perikles, Aug 21, 2006.

1. perikles

perikles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!
    I've been using in Belgium, for some months now, a Denon TU-1800DAB radio that I have bought in the UK. Yesterday (!) I have realised that I get the news and traffic service in some DAB stations. Now, first of all I thought that I should blame myself; I must have pressed the wrong button one day and here was the result... So, I renitialized the microprocessor, which should reset the button settings to the default values. No result. I've read again attentively the operating instructions; no mention of a news and traffic service in dab mode; I can do a "TP search" in FM mode, but there there is again no hint as how to desactivate it... And, anyway, my problem is in dab, not in FM. The same stations in FM work without disturbing interruptions. I have called the broadcasters (Flemish radio); they were very kind and as helpful as they could. They confirmed that they provide the news and traffic service in dab, tried to decipher the operation manual (downloaded from the Internet) for my sake, but no result. Now, this must be a problem specific to Denon's tuner, because a friend who possesses a Cambridge Audio model has not had the interruptions. I'm posting an e-mail to the manufacturer but maybe somebody in this forum could also help?
    Thank you very much,
    Perikles