1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon system or seperates?!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by gex18, Aug 14, 2005.

1. gex18

gex18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Being relatively new to dedicated home cinema i have recentley purchased a hyundai 42" plasma tv and am currentley running it through a panny HCT 520 surround sound system. However i wish to upgrade but cannot decide between these;

Denon DHT 550SD as a 1 box solution or one of the following receivers;

Denon AVR 2106
    Yamaha DSP-AX757SE

Coupled with one of the following DVD players;
    Denon DVD-1910 (as TV has DVI input)
    Panny DVD-S97

and linked to one of the following speaker setups;
    Mission Cinema M30
    Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP
    Infinity TSS-750
    KEF KHT 2005.2

Please halp as my head is spinning with all the possible systems

Cheers for your experienced advice in advance

Anthony

2. nicknackynoo

nicknackynoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, we're in the same boat, I bought the Hyundai p[lasma as part of an insurance settlement.
    i also bought the 550 as the 500 had great reviews and teh 550 must be that much better because of the seperate AV amp and the sub having its own power.

The Denon doesn't connect to the DVI slot but does have component so I don't know if the picture will be any better, I did put a DVI to HDMI cable in before replacing the plaster on the wall when I sank the cables in, as a future proofing measure.

The sound out of the denon is great as i wanted something to play music as well as movies and this works just fine. The only glitch I've had is that if the bass is too loud the amp goes into self protect mode and switches off temporarily. it doesn't do this with music cd's, just some movies. I haven't had it long enough to play with t he settings as yet but I'll keep reading the forums!

This forum is great for finding out all you need to know - I pretty much decided on my cables and wall bracket by reading the posts.

Cheers

3. Charan

Charan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi nicknackynoo,

If you dont mind me asking - which wall brackets did u buy for your Denon 550SD speakers? I'm strugling to find wall brackets for this system, especially for the centre chanel.....Thanx.

Kind regards/Charan

4. nicknackynoo

nicknackynoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - sorry for the delay!

Wall brackets were relatively simple - even argos do them! If you aren't sure which ones to get just go to a hi-fi store like I did and they sort you out.
    You are right the centre one is difficult as it doesn't have any mounting points so I made a little shelf for it to lie on up tight against the TV so the cables can't be seen.

Cheers