1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon SYSA3L, any good?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Kart, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of purchasing the Denon AVR1705 and the Denon DVD1710.
    I thought the Denon SYSA3L Speakers would match well, (these are the speakers that sell with the 500/550SD).

:rotfl: I've been unable to find any reviews/comments on these speakers, so I'd be greatful for any comments.
    :lease:

2. Golfpunk

Golfpunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    well that's exactly what I have and I love it. I don't pretend to be a audiophile though. To me, it sounds great, looks good and the speakers are meaty with out being to big.

Got the speakers from Peter Tyson for around £200. IMO better than the 500 all in one as you don't have the noisy fan and its more expandable.

3. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup:
    The fact that the AVR has component input/output and of course the great looking speakers one me over. I have ordered them all from Peter Tyson, as their prices and reputation are very good. Now I must get some leads/cables and speaker stands, any suggestions?

:lesson: I have 2 questions concerning connecting it all together.

1.Do the speakers come with their own speaker cables?

2.My LCD TV has component in.
    Should I use a component lead directly from the CD player to the TV, or a component lead from the CD player to the AVR, and another from the AVR to the TV ? ( I also have a freeview/hard drive box, - not sure what connections are on it though )

4. Golfpunk

Golfpunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yep Peter Tyson are very good but I got my amp from Empire as they were £30 cheaper.

The speaker set comes with all cables (inc sub) and they are not bad. You may want to replace later on though. I have flat Ixos cables so that I can lay under carpet (Audiovisual online.co.uk) but I couldn't hear any difference from the ones supplied in the box. I have a QED P75 digi coax for the DVD. As I have yet to get my TX32 (thats coming on Tues :clap: ) I cannot comment on component inputs but you will definately want to use them.

Speaker stands is the one contenious issue with these speakers - you are kind of forced to use the Denon ones as the base of the speaker is a funny shape. I got mine from DigiDirect for around £35 which is a lot cheaper than most BUT they not that good quality considering they are rebranded Alphason's. They wobble so you wouldn't want them around kids if you have them. Check the other posts on this in the All-in-One forum as they are lots of posts on compatible stands.

The only slight downside of the system is the load "click" when the sub is turned on by the amp/when switching input mode. E.g if you have something like 24 on DVD, the lack of low freq can sometimes cause the sub to go into standby with a click. BUT again this is easily fixed if you want to have it set to manual rather than controlled by the LFE from the amp. Not a major problem though.

Have fun with it all - I love mine and its a great step into true Home Cinema. Just can't wait to have the TV to compliment it all.....

5. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info.
    Peter Tysons are out of stock for the amp until next week so I may have a look elsewhere.

Just one more question. Whats it like for playing music CDs?

I havn't got a hifi, and I was hoping that I could get a reasonable stereo sound from this setup. (After lots of research I've realised that I may have to buy a separate stereo for music )

6. Golfpunk

Golfpunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Theres no way round it - it ain't gonna sound as good as a dedicated hi-fi. But I don't play CD's anymore so it doesn't bother me - I have my collection as MP3 at 192kps so that shows how important that is to me ;) . OK for radio in the background but I consider this to be home cinema set up.

7. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh, I'll see what I think when it all arrives, but I've a feeling I'll be splasshing out on a hi fi also.
    I've already started looking and the Denon DM31 system seems to be a good buy.