1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon & Speakers advice needed

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Neil P, Nov 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Neil P

Neil P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Been reading this forum for a few weeks now and you people seem to talk sense :smashin: . I'm a newbie to Home cinema systems and need your advice. :lease:

I am buying a 36" Toshiba CRT widescreen TV (36ZP46P) and VCR/DVD Recorder Combi (Panasonic DMR-E75V). To make the system into a home cinema, I am considering either a Denon 1705,1905 or 2105. I am restricted in what speakers I can have by the the all seeing eye (my beloved wife) insisting that the lounge is not cluttered by loads of speakers. In this regard, she will allow me to have some cube speakers for the sides and rear and preferably the sub out of sight completely. :rolleyes:

Can you offer some advice on what speakers perform well with each of the Denon systems mentioned. My budget is around £750 for AVR & speakers.

Also connected will be sky+ occaisionally Xbox & Playstation.We also intend to use the setup as our HiFi system.

2. SimonJB

SimonJB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went thru all this about 8 months ago and in the end increased my budget to about £1K and bought the Denon AVR 1804 and the KEF 2005.2 speakers and I think they're brill! Except for some reason the Denon ceased to function last week and it's now in for repair! It will be interesting to see what the problem is. :)

3. moviemike

moviemike
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a demo of the 1905 and 2105, I didn't really notice too much difference in the sound quality, but in the end I went with the 2105 because of the set-up mic, which I've found to be very handy and makes set-up SO very easy!

I'm hooking it up to a set of Boston Acoustic in-wall speakers and an MJ ref 100 sub.

4. ninjai

ninjai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the 2105 too, for its the most expensive one I can get within my budget. I wanted the 2805 in fact. I do find the auto setup feature useful.

5. mjirvine

mjirvine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does the denon 2105 or 1905 for that matter have an audio delay function to improve lipsync?

hopefully one of them will as I am in the same situation, but will probably be going for the canton cd1 speakers instead (from germany for £200 instead of £500 here!).

MJI