1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon speaker connections

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by RohanM, Oct 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. RohanM

RohanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Whilst my order for a 3805 was being processed, I measured my room up, etc, and got the relevant lengths of speaker cables made by a dealer. I also got them to terminate all the cables with banana plugs - especially as, as per my exisiting front B&W 603s, I opted to bi-wire all the surrounds.

Imagine my horror when the 3805 finally arrived and there appears to be black plastic 'inserts', where the banana plugs should be inserted in the terminators... :eek:

Tried scraping out (don't laugh!) with a Stanley knife on one the zone 3 outputs (which I won't be using, so thought I'd do a trial run there!) but... :thumbsdow

Short of cutting off the plugs and using the bare speaker wires, any ideas??? :lease:

As it is, I've got all the kit, but can't use it at the mo'...

2. 12 promises

12 promises

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    I Have The Same Problem,i Have Kimber Kable And They Were Terminated With Bananas But Had To Slice Them Off And Now Have Them Connected With Spades. The Other Alternative Is To Bare End Them. It Was A Bit Unexpected When I Discovered That The Posts Would Not Accept Bananas Since Every Review I Read Did Not Mention It!!!!

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    This thread should cover all you need to use banana plugs with the Denon receivers including the 3805.

Mark.

4. RohanM

RohanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Cheers! I'll have a go with a jewellery screwdriver when I get home tonight... :)