denon setup

E

EDDO11

hi. :) i am going to buy a dvd 3910+avr 3805. before the guy in the shop offers to set it up for me (for a small sum) would i be able to set it up myself just using the manuals or is it rocket science for a pro? :confused:

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
I think much depends on wheter you would consider yourself technically competent or not. It's not rocket science but you do need a bit of common sense to make all the right connections, made easier by the fact you could link the two with the Denon Link.

Be warned, Denon manuals are notorious for being poorly written.

I'd have a go at it yourself first, ask questions here if you get stuck, and failing all that THEN call in the cavalry (at a "charge" of course. :) )

E

EDDO11

the i-link connects the dvd to the avr? Do i need a digital co ax as well?

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
Not that I am aware of. The Denon Link will do all the digital transfer of any of the audio signals, including the DVD-A, SACD.

meltonboy

Small tip (others may consider this geeky...):

I downloaded the manuals from the denon us website, and had a read through before i collected the equipment. Then i had a couple questions which i could hassle the retailer about when i picked up the gear.

The Denon manuals aren't great, but not too bad (the REL Quake sub-woofer one was the worst ever), They do take some time to get through, though.... :boring:

W

WarLock

If you are unsure and for best results, ask for professional help the first time, but learn the most you can to do everything yourself.

Cable Monkey

WarLock said:
If you are unsure and for best results, ask for professional help the first time, but learn the most you can to do everything yourself.
Where's the fun in that? :D

Top Bottom