1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon service

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mouth on Legs, Aug 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Mouth on Legs

Mouth on Legs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    getting fed up denon have had my amp for repair since june and still no sign of return

for the first 3 weeks it was "being assessed" by our engineers which I suppose means sat on a shelf waiting to be looked at

then for the next week waiting for spares

since 23rd july "having new parts fitted" which I suppose means it's back on that shelf

not the service I would have expected form denon, given their reputation for quality.

It's a waranty repair on a 3/12 old amp. at this rate they will have had it longer than me

anybody had any experiences with thi=eir service deps

2. MAFFEW

MAFFEW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MoL,
    I share your disdain for Denon back up. I have spent thousands on Denon equipment, yet everytime I need them to repair/upgrade - it is an absolute disgrace. As I replace my equipment, it is exactly the reason I will buy no more Denon equipment. I hope you read this Denon - you should be ashamed....... :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. Mouth on Legs

Mouth on Legs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bad news -

parts eventually fitted, amp still doesn't work, more parts needed so back to the shelf I suppose.

Of course they didn't tell me I had to chase them. so it's rapidly approaching the point they have had my amp as long as me.

Want a new one, making my protests

4. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    When you sort it, learn your lesson and don't buy again.
    And make sure you tell them why :smashin:

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    My experince as a dealer with Denon is exactly the same. Their service is atrocious not to mention they can very rarely supply goods within 4 weeks when I order anything. We have now got to the point in our store that whenever we sell a pice of Denon kit off display we don't replace it, we now only have a few pices of Denon kit left. Stick to Marantz (who funnily enough are Denon's sister company and have none of these problems) or Yamaha and Arcam.

6. MAFFEW

MAFFEW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I feel they just flat out lied to me, took my money and then didn't care. I bought my stuff as it was "fully upgradeable". With things moving so quickly it seemed the obvious thing to do. But then they refused to upgrade it - refused!!! Can you believe it? Then they wouldn't even tell me how to get it done - nothing. The kit is good; I cannot deny, and the reviews are usually/always good. However, I have never read a review that addresses after sales service. Had I known then what I know now, I'd have bought something else. 20/20 hindsight, we all have it.

7. Mouth on Legs

Mouth on Legs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to be fiar to denon they have agreed today to replace my amp. by the time I receive it via the dealer it will have been just short 2 months, which is not really acceptable for a new amp, but at least I will have one.

Seems to me they have good product and their customer service is ruining things for them

8. YellowCows

YellowCows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    By comparison, Denon USA has, in my opinion (from personal experience), the best after-sales service of any hifi company. They are helpful, communicative, pro-active (they actually tell you when there is a new firmware or hardware upgrade for your kit - they even post the firmware for their amps and DVD players on the website) don't make empty promises, and they actually keep the promises they make. When was the last time someone from Denon UK let any of us know that there was an upgrade available for our Denon gear, let alone actually allow us to upgrade our own equipment (as easy as installing software on your pc) instead of lugging it to our dealer (often miles away) and having to do without it for weeks, if not months?

Even Denon Germany and Denon Hong Kong are miles ahead of Denon UK. Take for example the 'SRA' upgrade for the AVC-A1SR. Denon UK still have not officially released any info on this, when it has been available in Germany since last year. In fact, Denon UK are getting their upgrade kits (one or two at a time) as well as the 'packing materials' (would you believe) from Denon Germany.

Seriously, does Denon Japan actually know about the damage being done to their brand by the incompetence and sheer dogma of the UK subsidiary. Something MUST be done about this.

Moory

9. MAFFEW

MAFFEW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mmmmm, wouldn't necessarily agree with Honkers being too helpful either. I'm stuck in the middle in Kuwait and went to HK first; they didn't even answer; despite me pleading for response. Then went to UK, they did answer but flat out refused to upgrade my A1SE, again I pleaded for their help. Wouldn't even give me info as to where to get it done either, just refused. I offered to send it; obviously at my own and not insignificant, expense to both locations. Vendor here in Kuwait said they were not allowed to do it 'cos of something to do with THX stuff and them not being allowed to handle the parts, because it was secret or some such rubbish. However, I've learned my lesson and as a consumer will vote with my feet (wallet). I offered to do whatever it took to get it upgraded and send my DVD A1 to get the amp and player synched so I could use Denon link between the two, another thing that was not made clear when I bought it. How stupid am I to assume I could just plug and play. If they can't be bothered to live up to their promises I can't be bothered to buy their kit. I'm glad MoL got a replacement amp; good for you mate.

10. YellowCows

YellowCows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Maff,

Try Denon Singapore, my friend (who works for Denon Asia) tells me that the Gulf region is handled by Denon Singapore not HK.

Important Tip: Call them rather than email. Don't take no for an answer.

Hope it works out for you. Let us know.

Moory :)