Denon s101 questions

O

Onno1

I'm very interested in the denon s101 set, but i have a few questions.

-I have an upc-digital STB(is about the same as sky in the UK) and will be buying a panasonic phd9 plasma(so no tv-speaker). Can i connect the STB to the Denon s101 for sound?
- In the near future i would want to upgrade to blue ray or HD-DVD. Will it be possible to connect the blue ray or HD-DVD aplayer to the Denon s101 for sound?
- Will i be able to connect the upc STB and the blue ray/HD-DVD at the same time? (so without switching cables, etc.) in other words: does the denon s101 have 2 connections for sound from other sources(blue-ray and upc)?

G

gareth_lewis2

You can connect the HD-DVD player and BD player to the S101 or S301, but it will only ever be the DTS or DD tracks, never the HD tracks. You can play the DD+ and DTS+ tracks as well. Not all amps can play DD+, but all Denon ones can. DD+ is the 640kbs version of DD. Normally it cuts at 440-480kbs.

And I have no idea why anybody at the HCC magazine thinks this is new. It has been around since AC3 started. It has even been a mandatory requirement for decoders since 1998.

O

Onno1

Ok thanks,

But will the denon s101 have the ability to hook up a STB and the HD-DVD player at the same time (in other words, does it have 2 connectors?)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom