1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon/Rotel or Marantz/Marantz?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by hobbes, Oct 11, 2002.

1. hobbes

hobbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    right, i am looking to (eventually) get a pre/power combo and am split over these two options. I am wanting good performance with music and movies.
    Which should i do?

a.) Get a Denon A10SE now and then add a Rotel 1075 soon after.

or

b.) Get a Marantz AV9000 and MM9000

have not heard much regarding the marantz's on this forum and have only seen one review at home-entertainment (here) but it doesnt really rate it's music performance. However they have had very good reviews over on audioreview.com
    Will the Denon/Rotel sound much worse/better then the marantz combo or not? As buying one now and adding the power amp later is better for me (financially)

Shaun

2. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the Rotel RMB-1075 and the Marantz AV9000, both are highly rated for both movies and music, both are THX Ultra and the AV9000 comes with a remote control that used to cost £200 in it's own right. Can't comment on the Marantz power amp but Rotel take some beating in that dept, this 1075 power amp can play very very loud with no hint of stress (be warned though, it's the most power hungry device I've ever used as it runs at 800 watts power consumption :eek:

No intergrated amp can compare to a pre/power at the same budget. I was fortunate to get the AV9000 ex display for £699 and the Rotel 1075 cost £790, for under £1500 it's one hell of a setup, it far excels the DSP-A1 setup I used before it with the added bonus of exceptional stereo sound for movies.