1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon Remote

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by patmyhead, May 14, 2002.

Tags:
  1. patmyhead

patmyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    HI
    On the AVC 1 SR amp is there a difference in the remote suplied between the USA Euro & UK remotes if so what is the difference
    P@

2. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did not know this until shortly before I purchased the amplifier and the didderence had a major impact on my installation which was really annoying.

The version available outside North America has a different model number RC-871 against RC-8000.
    The RC-8000 offers RF as well as IR. You can get a charger unit and base-station for the RC-8000.
    Despite claims by some you cannot purchase the base-station and charger from the US and use it with the European version.
    Also you can download PC software from www.denon.com or www.denon.ca and use it with the RC-8000. I was about to download this software and use it with my remote but came across some messages by users in Australia warning against doing this as it can damage the RC-871 (as supplied with the AVC-A1SR).

To be honest the Denon remote is not very good and not easy to program. Also note that the Remote Setup icon is hidden and first time users often believe that it is faulty.

The amplifier is amazing.