denon remote question

oz72

hi gang just recently bought a (K)A1SE upgraded from an A10SE anyway I dont like the new remote !!!! I've found that I can use my old remote. So two questions, 1) If I kept the old remote for the A10SE would be I loosing out on any features the only one I can see is the dimmer options which I can do manualy on the front of the amp. 2) How much would I expect to get if I sold my A10SE and the Denon Power amp as well?

Thanks in advance :)

Jase

Distinguished Member
I'd keep the KA1SE remote personally. You can set it up to control loads of other stuff and perform macros etc but depends if you're going to use that feature or not. They also cost a couple of hundred quid or more to replace....

I'd imagine an A10SE with the matching POA-T10 power amp would fetch around 450-500 quid or so.

oz72

Thanks for that Jase I guess its just me getting used to the remote. The other remote I could feel my way round with this it takes a bit of fannying about to get it to do things.
Sound wise I've not noticed as much as a jump as I thought I would from the A10SE (I guess that is a testiment to how good the A10SE is) I was expecting the same jump from when I upgraded from my 1906, oh well . It also seems quieter. When I set my A10SE to volume 0 playing Dire Straights Money for Nothing it made your ears bleed :D I darent put it any higher, were as the A1SE at 0 seems u could knock it up another 5. Will have to try it when my neighbour goes out.
Is it worth me keeping the power amp? If I used it to power my fronts would I lose sound quality? I know I should try it but its a pain moving rack etc.....

Jase

Distinguished Member
I'd keep hold of the power amp personally and use it to Bi-Amp your Fronts (if they're bi-ampable). You won't lose sound quality. :)

The A10SE was/is a stormer. Ahead of it's time really. The KA1SE is more refined though. Also has better surround steering, imaging & detail. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom