Denon receiver, Spotify Connect and Harmony Elite volume control woes

johjames

Novice Member
I have a Denon avr-x2500h receiver which I often use to play content directly via Spotify Connect from my phone.
Unfortunately the Spotify app on my phone will only adjust the volume on the receiver by increments of 6, which is far too great.
I use a Harmony Elite remote and app which normally adjust the receiver volume by 0.5 increments, for example when I'm watching TV.
Spotify Connect seems to override the Harmony app's ability to control the receiver and also the Harmony Elite remote's ability to control the receiver volume.
Ideally I'd like to use my phone's volume control buttons to control the receiver volume via the Harmony app as I normally do when watching tv, so that I can adjust the volume of the receiver in 0.5 increments.
Is there a way that I can program the Harmony Elite remote to control the receiver volume when I play content on the receiver via Spotify Connect, and to program the Harmony app on my phone to override the Spotify app, to allow the volume control buttons on my phone to adjust the Denon receiver volume via the Harmony app, so they're not controlled by the Spotify app with its deafeningly loud to mouse quiet volume control leaps?

Dasiz

I've never managed to adjust the volume by small increments via my phone buttons, only way to do it is via the harmony app itself, or the denon app..

johjames

Novice Member
I've never managed to adjust the volume by small increments via my phone buttons, only way to do it is via the harmony app itself, or the denon app..
Thanks Dasiz, my phone buttons work well to adjust the receiver volume in small increments when I the Harmony app, which I can do once I've turned the receiver on without having to log in to it again. The problem is that using Spotify Connect somehow overrides this functionality and so I can't pull my phone out of my pocket and adjust the volume in a manageable way, nor can I control the volume using the remote, unless I go into the receiver under devices. I'd like to cut out these steps, so I can just play and control properly.

Dasiz

Thanks Dasiz, my phone buttons work well to adjust the receiver volume in small increments when I the Harmony app, which I can do once I've turned the receiver on without having to log in to it again. The problem is that using Spotify Connect somehow overrides this functionality and so I can't pull my phone out of my pocket and adjust the volume in a manageable way, nor can I control the volume using the remote, unless I go into the receiver under devices. I'd like to cut out these steps, so I can just play and control properly.
I feel your pain!! Unfortunately spotify connect is a pain when it comes to playing ball with harmony..
You should be able to adjust the volume using the harmony remote. i certainly can, you'll just need to make sure you have an activity set up for 'Heos'.

johjames

Novice Member
I feel your pain!! Unfortunately spotify connect is a pain when it comes to playing ball with harmony..
You should be able to adjust the volume using the harmony remote. i certainly can, you'll just need to make sure you have an activity set up for 'Heos'.
So I've set an activity up for HEOS, but when I play via Spotify Connect then I have to select the HEOS activity to control the volume, otherwise the volume buttons don't work. My wish for 'pick up and work' is still being thwarted. Does your setup allow you to use your Harmony remote to control the volume in this situation without physically having to select the HEOS activity please Dasiz?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom