Denon receiver question

Chill59

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've got a Denon DRA-25L receiver (in fact, I've got 3). When I plug in headphones it doesn't cut the speakers. (doesn't do it on all 3 units). Is this a fault with the headphone jack sockets or is there a different means of cutting the speakers on this Denon receiver? If it is a headphone jack problem is it something I can fix with contact cleaner? TIA

If it doesn't do it on all three units then I would say it's a design feature, too much of a coincidence for it to be otherwise . Use the mute button on the remote to cut the speakers that should still allow the headphone jack to be live. It's odd though as all my Denon AV amps automatically turn off speakers when using my headphones.

If it doesn't do it on all three units then I would say it's a design feature, too much of a coincidence for it to be otherwise . Use the mute button on the remote to cut the speakers that should still allow the headphone jack to be live. It's odd though as all my Denon AV amps automatically turn off speakers when using my headphones.
I don't have a remote control for any of them.

Photo of front of unit

Attachments

• 11752-Denon_DRA-25L_wm.jpeg
    11752-Denon_DRA-25L_wm.jpeg
    457.6 KB · Views: 28
Turn the volume to zero. That will not, should not effect the headphone jack.

Turning the volume down to zero turns down the headphones also.
Sorry that was me thinking about my set up which uses and standalone headphone amp. Totally the wrong advice from me. Have you tried toggling the tape monitor button? On some amps this can have the effect of muting the speakers so that the tape can be checked with headphones.

The only other thing I can suggest is to contact Denon customer services. There are service manuals online but I cannot find a user's manual.

Sorry that was me thinking about my set up which uses and standalone headphone amp. Totally the wrong advice from me. Have you tried toggling the tape monitor button? On some amps this can have the effect of muting the speakers so that the tape can be checked with headphones.

The only other thing I can suggest is to contact Denon customer services. There are service manuals online but I cannot find a user's manual.
Thanks Gibbsy. I've just tried various combinations of the tape monitor button. None cut the speakers and keep headphones. :( I've also looked online for an instrustion manual to no avail. Good idea about contacting Denon :thumbsup: Thanks again.

Thanks Gibbsy. I've just tried various combinations of the tape monitor button. None cut the speakers and keep headphones. :( I've also looked online for an instrustion manual to no avail. Good idea about contacting Denon :thumbsup: Thanks again.
Let us know how you get on. I've always found Denon's customer service to be quite accommodating.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom