1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon receiver as processor

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by David Bier, Apr 3, 2002.

1. David Bier

David Bier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of upgrading my Denon AVR-3300. The first stage will very likely be a Rotel RMB-1075 amp. Looking past that I want DPLII; ideally a processor. However there aren't that many processors that offer all the features for less than £2500. I could swap the 3300 for a 3802 just for DPLII.

Alternatively, would it be worth spending the extra on the 11SR for use as a processor? If I bought the 11SR is the amp section as good as the Rotel 1075 (I'm not interested in 7.1)?

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    The Denon A11SR has all the latest formats and very fast processors (only bettered by Lexicon & Meridian at the moment) but I think you´ll find the Rotel 1075 is the better of the two amplification wise.

Ideally you could have the Rotel and the Denon which would be an excellent combination and you could use the Denons amps for the two rear centres should you decide to join the 6.1/7.1 brigade in the future.

Best get a demo and compare them.

cheers