Denon RCD-N7 Owers Thread

odiwan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

just brought a RCD-N7 and can't connect via wireless with apple airport, I tried several ways, anyone had more chance?

regards

I've got the same problem with connecting to my wifi running on an Airport Express..

Hello

All solved

First the airport name must not have symbols like "&"

deactivate closed network

security NONE and use MAC address filter for best security

everything must run fine now

best regards

Last edited:
Whats the MAC address filter? Specifically the filter bit?

Whats the MAC address filter? Specifically the filter bit?

Hello

The MAC filter is in airport utility/control access/MAC address access control = timed access/+/ MAC address of Denon RCD-N7 (see unit botton)/description = Denon RCD-N7 (example)/ everyday, all day/ save

regards

Can anyone tell me, does the master volume effect to AUX OUT level, or is it fixed?

Greetings. When I access the "Media Server" fucntion I can see the pcs on our home network. When I select one of them it is shown as "unauthorized". In Windows7 Network and Sharing Center I specifically authorized the Denon. Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to be able to play music files from our pcs? Many thanks. GL

i bought the denon rcd n7 receiver . i made the wifi and the DLNA connection, but i have problem with the internet radio.and the firmware update, here are the steps i follow in order to connect to internet radio.

i push internet radio to the remote control , (internet radio) on the display
and a station appears on the display trying to connect ,
( cri pop) on the display
(connection down) on the display
(search by key word ) on the display

i am trying to connect writing different stations

but appears (empty list):lease:
help me

Just purchased the Denon for my bedroom, and wanted to comment on what a cracking piece of kit it is. Admittedly, it wasn't the cheapest system, but it's stylish and does what it says on the tin.

If anyone have the same difficulties making Ceol connect to Airport Extreme as I've had, this might help. For most of you it might be basic info, but I could'nt find any help until Apple support used a full hour helping me locate the problem.

Overall the problem was conflict between IP adresses.

The Denon manuel recommend that DHCP is turned on.
This (for some strange reason) made the Ceol choose an IP 192.168.0.1 which is the router adress (the adress which the airport extreme also use).

First make sure which IP adresses the Airpport extreme is using; default is the 10.01.0.1 and Ceol is using 192.168.0.1. Choose one of them - I choose the 192.168.

On the Ceol Turn the DHCP off and manually choose
IP adress (I choosed 192.168.0.50)
Gateway 255.255.255.0
DNS primary 080.080.080.080
DNS secondary 080.080.040.040

This should help. If any difficulties finding the DHCP menu on the Ceol use the cable to change the adresses above.

New owner of RCD and very pleased except for being unable to connect to Pandora. Otherwise all network connections for internet radio and remote app work well.
I am using a service called Unblock-us for ip address as I am in Canada. Pandora works with all of my computers and even with Sonos system. For some reason I get a cannot connect message with Denon RCD and then a brief flash of authenticating and then cannot connect.
I have latest firmware uploaded.

I have tried DHCP as well as manual ip settings - to no avail. Cannot get it to connect to Pandora.

Anyone else with Pandora issues?

i bought the denon rcd n7 receiver . i made the wifi and the DLNA connection, but i have problem with the internet radio.and the firmware update, here are the steps i follow in order to connect to internet radio.

i push internet radio to the remote control , (internet radio) on the display
and a station appears on the display trying to connect ,
( cri pop) on the display
(connection down) on the display
(search by key word ) on the display

i am trying to connect writing different stations

but appears (empty list):lease:
help me

Not all stations seem to connnect well on mine - appears to depend on the "strength" of the signal put out. Curiously many BBC channels are the weakest.

My problem is the loss of the menu optioins which I originally had "search by genre, city, country etc." These have now disappeared and I am limited to "most recent" or standard search by text inputted which doesn't work well anyway. Any clues on how to restore the full set of menu options for Internet Radio Search?

I have only just purchased the Denon and the supplier threw in the Airplay voucher and installed it for me as well.

The ability to listen to music from any radio station in the world is amazing. The denon looks good and sounds even better. Im using my old Mourdant Short speakers,as the player is used in the kitchen and kept in a cupboard with the speakers hidden at the back and on top of the kitchen units.

75712e98-87c9-4c10-9d17-afc90086cf4a-1.jpg

Not all stations seem to connnect well on mine - appears to depend on the "strength" of the signal put out. Curiously many BBC channels are the weakest.

My problem is the loss of the menu optioins which I originally had "search by genre, city, country etc." These have now disappeared and I am limited to "most recent" or standard search by text inputted which doesn't work well anyway. Any clues on how to restore the full set of menu options for Internet Radio Search?[/QUOTE

Switch off the player and remove the power cable. Hold down the volume up button and the lower button on the circuler control and get someone to plug the cable back in and switch on whilst you keep the buttons pressed.

The player then defaults to factory settings.

You cannot do this with the remote its all on the player.

I've noticed that every time I install a firmware update, my favorite list of internet stations no longer works. I can see all of the stations, however when I select one it displays the message "(no list)".

This is frustrating because it's time consuming to search through the thousands of internet radio stations and build the favorites list. I basically have to do keyword searches to re-select these stations, then remove the previous version of the station on the list.

Have others encountered this problem? Does anyone know of any workarounds?

I wish there was a way to manage the favorites list by accessing the IP address for the RCD-N7 through a web browser. I assume it's stored as an XML or other structured file on there.

My experience is that the Internet radio is the least reliable feature of the unit. Mine freezes completely on occasion if I select a station that's not transmitting, requiring it to be turned off to get any functionality back. I've also experienced the same thing with my list of favourites going missing. The solution is to use radiodenon.com - this allows you to search for, select and group favourite stations on the Internet via a PC - for free. As this information is stored on the web, nothing that happens to your Denon can affect it. Once set up you can access the stations you have added to this favourites list (which is not the same as favourites set up directly on the radio) by selecting Internet radio, then scrolling down and selecting radiodenon.com, then favourites, and you will find the stations you selected on the web, under group headings if you've set them up.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I own a N7 since November 10 and coped quietly with most of the issues that I seem not to be the only one to have: several months delay to get the 'paid' Airplay update, favorite stations deleted after each update, no Pandora/Rhapsody available in my country, long time to connect to internet stations, occasional internet connection difficulties, some FM radio stations not received properly, software updates to be made via ethernet and not wireless (otherwise it is freezing) and so on...

However today the N7 (last update made a week ago) is freezing completely after 30 seconds in any mode (tuner, CD, internet radio ...). It seems to want to connect to something and stops. I gave a shot to complete reset with the +/- volume buttons but the problem remains, even without having setup any network connection! Anyone having a similar issue and solved the problem?

I am tired of all of this and thinking of giving it back to denon customer service.

Chris

Update installed today - not sure why this hasn't appeared as an option until now as I use it everyday. No problems so far (I'm in the UK).

Famous last words: AirPlay not working at all now. How stupid of me to expect a large hardware company to test it's firmware upgrades properly before releasing them. Seems that no matter how much you spend on kit these days you are ultimately wasting your money if you expect it to work as advertised or for the manufacturers to give a stuff.

Latest upgrade renders Airplay useless choppy cut out playback from laptop (itunes) and ipod. Avoid. Interesting media server play from same laptop us fine it must just be Airplay, anyway to manually downgrade firmware and not lose airplay registration at same time? No all network seems a problem now!

Last edited:
I now have Airplay working well on my Ceol. Unfortunately, I didn't adopt a very scientific approach to fixing this, as I changed several things at once and one or all of them may have been the solution... All changes were to my router's settings. First I checked that UPnP was enabled (it was). I then enabled multicast streaming. Next, on the advice of Apple's help pages, I set up virtual servers for the IP address assigned to my Denon for both HTTP (port 80) and for HTTPS (port 443). I then re-started iTunes and voila! - the Airplay symbol was back at the bottom-right of the window, and in all of my music apps on my iPhone. Airplay seems to be working very well now (touch wood) - no choppiness from either Spotify or YouTube so far.
UPDATE: streaming from my iPhone is working just fine, but streaming from my laptop is indeed choppy as described by James.

Last edited:
I have tried a manual upgrade/downgrade of firmware from CD, which produced upgrade failed message after about 15 mins of progress. After power disconnection and restart i am able to connect in and access menus etc, however, i have no network connection on device and it will NOT re-setup network either wired or wireless, the lights indicated network cable comes on there is some activity and then switches off. I can not see who I can possibly get this working no save another attempt from CD. I feel however I have spent too much time on this for what should be a routine process these days. I suspect someone owes me a new unit, question is who will replace it Denon or the seller I bought it from.

My network access on the Ceol packed up altogether this morning. Problem solved by re-initialising the unit. Turned off at button on front, removed power cable, held down volume up and down, plugged power cable back in, released volume buttons. Then had to go through installation process but AirPlay upgrade remained installed. Now working correctly, and it may be my imagination but network services seem to be working much faster.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom