Denon RCD-N7 Owers Thread

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me!!

I have tried to connect to wireless internet and using an LAN cable.... I get to step 2 and it switches to 'Internet Radio - initializing' and then gets stuck there. Once this happens I can't go back to the menu or do anything else.. all I can do is switch it off and try again I have tried a factory reset but this hasn't helped.

Please help :( :(

Hi guys, maybe there is somebody who can help me...
I ordered mine Ceol in USA - due to steap price difference in our counry (Russia).
The problem is that we have power supply in our houses the same as whole EU - 220-250V, not 110 as USA.
Is there some way to make this receiver suitable for our power supply? Maybe there is some switch or jumper inside body?
This would be much easier in comparison with using of additional power transformer...
Thanks in advance :)

Wouldn't getting one of those plug converters for when you travel do the trick ?

Looking at the back of the unit mine mentions 230V only, so I think your power supply will only be suited to either one or the other.

Wouldn't getting one of those plug converters for when you travel do the trick ?

Looking at the back of the unit mine mentions 230V only, so I think your power supply will only be suited to either one or the other.

Those plug convertors are not powerful enough. I know that power supply is important for sound quality. That is why I had to use massive converter - but that's not so convenient)
I guess that unification is very popular for manufactures. In that case they could f.ex. use the same type power supply unit both for USA and EU, and just to switch some jumper in corresponding positions.

My RCD-n7 recognizes all of my other non windows 7 computers on my network as music servers but I can't get it to "see" the windows 7, under music server it just says empty.
I have enabled media sharing on the windows 7 machine everywhere I can find. The denon shows up on the network as a media device, windows 7 recognized it and installed drivers but the denon doesn't see it as a music server.
Anyone else having this problem?
Any solution?
The denon tech support person told me the rcd-n7 was released before windows 7 so it may not be recognized. All of the newer denons state they are windows 7 compatible so I find that hard to believe.

The only honk you can do is a restart of your router and your Ceol. Make sure that the firewall of your network is off and everything working good .

By the way, maybe it helps somebody...
I could not use Rhapsody and Pandora from outside US. But I managed to solve that with my Ceol by using UnoTelly service. I just put in my Router their DNS, and nothing more was required. My Denon Ceol allowed me to use those nice US services.
The only issue I cannot understand how to add Spotify to Ceol N7... I have only Napster, Rhapsody and Pandora, but not Spotify... Any idea how to add that?

Hi Chris,

I am having the exact same problem with my unit. Did you find a solution/ Can anyone help me?

It seems that I might just need to deactivate the internet radio which wouldn't bother me because I predominantly use it to play records but I can't figure out how I can do that...

Angela

Hi all,

Exactly the same problem. I've tried "customer" reset (Volume Up & Down) and factory reset (Volume Up & Down Key), but nothing changes. :(

Some of you talk about a downloadable file in order to burn an update CD, but I found nothing on the Denon's website. There's only a "changelog" file. :rolleyes:

What can I do now? Help :lease:

My warranty run out and it's really shameful if I have to throw away my money due to a software problem... :mad:

Cheers

I bought an RCD-N7 November of 2011. I use it in my home office... cool little unit.

I was never able to update the firmware but everything else streamed fine and worked great. When Pandora updated their service late '12, I lost Pandora and couldn't get the firmware update. I gave up and decided to send it in for repair at the OEM Denon service provider Panurgy. They were very unorganized and ended up charging me for a new ethernet card to repair it... claiming it would not get on the internet at all. That is bad but here is what is worse. What do you think just the Ethernet card costs? They charged me $388 just for the Ethernet card.. not the labor or diagnostic, just the card. This thing should cost about $2500 if just this card goes for $388.

Anyone else ran into this???

Hi there,

I have had a CEOL for 2 years and it worked fine after a lot of fiddling with the network. (I had to understand that my network could not have a ! in its name): Now my time capsule crashed and I bought a new one 4th generation, and the CEOL will not see it anymore even if all my other connected equipment works fine.
Is there something I can do? I tried the reset with volume up and down buttons, and even tried to connect a wan cable, It is stuck on detecting...
Thanks in advance

My rcd-n7 is inconsistent when I use the USB port. I've spoken to Denon support and they walked me through several steps, then told me to take the unit to the authorized service center. The service people say nothing's wrong with it but I know they are mistaken. Sometimes the USB port works perfectly. An hour or a day later, using the same flash drive, it won't load. It goes through steps 1 and 2, SLOWLY, and then goes back to step 1 again. Suggestions?

If you're like me, you discovered your RCD-N7 lost all usb and internet functionality.

Symptoms: no USB or iPod dock functionality. Ethernet ports do not light up when a cable is plugged in. Wifi connection cannot even see networks. With these problems, the display will never let you go past step 2 for Network/USB/iPod setup.

Since mine is out of warranty, I wasn't afraid to open it up and see what the problem was. Here is what I found, and here is how I fixed it:

Open it up.
1) Unscrew the white side plates (rear and bottom screws).
2) Unscrew the white front plate (bottom screws).
3) Remove the sides **note, all screws, save for the flat bottom ones, are the exact same size. Don't worry about keeping track of what goes where, just don't lose them**
4) Unscrew all screws on the sides, securing the metal framework together. 5) Gently push in metal tabs on left and right sides, near the front white faceplate, to gently remove the front faceplate. **note, front faceplate has wires connecting it to the main body - do not pull too hard. Just enough to separate it**
5) Gently lift the white plastic top of the unit (still fastened to the metal sides, this is okay). **note, the top's iPod dock is connected to a board inside with very little slack. You can slide your hand in and gently remove this connector from the board**
IMG_3001 | Flickr - RCD-N7 repair
6) Now you can clearly see the Network/USB board.
IMG_2995 | Flickr - RCD-N7 repair
7) Please note the black foam tape - this is where the problem originated. The wifi card lost connection to its power, which it draws from the Ethernet/USB board below it. The wifi card losing connectivity causes all 3 to stop functioning.
IMG_2996 | Flickr - RCD-N7 repair
8) Do not perform this step unless you're curious. Not necessary to complete the fix.
IMG_2997 | Flickr - RCD-N7 repair
9) To firmly secure the wifi card, I simply pressed the two boards together in that tape area. I could feel and see the connecting. The boards were noticeably closer together. I then used a small strip of tape, laid over the foam, to redo what the foam tape was originally intended to do.
10) Before you reassemble, I suggest you test it. Starting with the unit unplugged, press and hold the volume up & down buttons at the same time on the loose front faceplate. Now plug in the AC power cord in the back. Release the volume buttons, and the display should read "Initialized". After the screen changes from initialized, you should test an ethernet cable first for lights around the ethernet port on the back. Lights took nearly 30 seconds to turn on for me, so give it a little patience.

If they light up only when a cable is plugged in: hooray you're done! Reassemble and enjoy.
If they light up without a cable plugged in, the wifi card is only partially connected. You'll want to recheck the connection of the wifi card, and may as well check the neighboring connections as well while it's open.
If it does not light up at all, don't worry! The connection is finicky, and just try resecuring them. This happened to me and it all worked out well in the end.

**Note, if you unplug the wifi card while the unit is powered on, it will likely register a hardware error and power off, making the power light flash red on the front panel. No damage has been done, you just need to reset again with the volume buttons. IMPORTANT! Your ethernet port will not light up if the power light is flashing red. It will only light up when the power light is solid green (aka powered on).

I hope this helps someone. It was a tedious process, but well worth it in the end. My unit is performing the firmware upgrade while we speak.

Hi cajungecko, I was scouring the web for solutions and I think I may have to do what you did to your RCD-N7. I tried to look at the images but couldn't access them - though I understand they were posted more than a year ago. Would you be able to provide or enable new links to those. Thanks in advance.

Got a problem with wireless connection,just changed from Virgin to BT infinity and my Denon RCD-N7 wont find the infinity signal,have spent hours trying different settings and have reset and upgraded but it still wont find the signal.any ideals ?
It will pick up the signal from a neighbours wifi but not mine

I have the same problem with BT Home Hub 4. I was using a Netgear N750 modem router with TalkTalk and all was well. The N7 just doesn't see the BT router on wireless. Works ok on Ethernet cable. Tried manual setup and wps.
Everything else I have connects to the BT router except this.

I did get my Denon to find the home hub4 once but it lost it before it could connect,i think i will have to run a wire around the room and plug it in the back.
Have search everywhere but can find a solution :(

Got a problem with wireless connection,just changed from Virgin to BT infinity and my Denon RCD-N7 wont find the infinity signal,have spent hours trying different settings and have reset and upgraded but it still wont find the signal.any ideals ?
It will pick up the signal from a neighbours wifi but not mine

I changed from Sky broadband to BT Infinity fibre optic broadband hub 3.#
I can access internet radio fine...but it will not play airplay and guess where all my music is stored.

Also I have just found out that I cannot access my telephone banking details. as my phones are connected to the same faceplate as the router.

Im seriously thinking of ditching BT and going with talk talk or someone who will put things right.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BT:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

Just been informed that BT infinity broadband when installed, the master socket faceplate is fitted with a filtered socket and this is what is causing the problems of not picking up airplay and not allowing me access to my telephone banking details.

I wonder if a non filtered socket can be arranged.:(

I connected a hardwired phone to my master socket and can access my banking details, however no luck using the cordless phones, so the socket with a filter is OK

It must be the BT router that is causing the problems re my phone and Denon Ceol. There is a BT website with dozens of complaints similar to the one's on this thread.

If you have BT Infinity broadband you will not get access to airplay as something is not compatible.

Best bet leave BT.:smashin:

All my problems solved..after removing the BT Homehub 3 router and replacing it with an Apple Airport Extreme router.

my connection to everything is lightening fast and airplay works like a dream.

I was looking at getting a CEOL, looks like it suffers from too many problems :(

I was looking at getting a CEOL, looks like it suffers from too many problems :(
For me it was the bt hub that caused the problems not the denon. Now that i have the apple airport extreme router it works superbly

I connected a hardwired phone to my master socket and can access my banking details, however no luck using the cordless phones, so the socket with a filter is OK

It must be the BT router that is causing the problems re my phone and Denon Ceol. There is a BT website with dozens of complaints similar to the one's on this thread.

If you have BT Infinity broadband you will not get access to airplay as something is not compatible.

Best bet leave BT.:smashin:
Not true. I'm on BT Infinity and have owned a Denon RCD N7 for about 2 years.
Wireless reception for internet radio and Airplay was at best rubbish, rarely connecting at all then stopping altogether. I scoured the internet and tried resetting the equipment, re-entering settings over and over again etc without sucess. It would work fine on a cable but not wirelessly.
I upgraded to the BT Home hub 5 last week and hoped this would work...no chance! Reset equipment again, re-entered settings over and over again without any success.
Left it a couple of days then accessed my Home hub settings on the internet and changed the following.
Went into ADVANCED SETTINGS--BROADBAND--VPN then enabled port clamping as it had been set to off. The effect was instantaneous with wireless now being quickly achieved to the Denon, internet radio coming on every single time and within a second or two. Airplay works seamlessly from anywhere in the house.
Don't know if this is a cure for everyone but worth a try.

Im glad for you that things are working fine, as they now are for me. I might push BT for a new Hb 5 and keep it as a spare.

My rcd-n7 is inconsistent when I use the USB port. I've spoken to Denon support and they walked me through several steps, then told me to take the unit to the authorized service center. The service people say nothing's wrong with it but I know they are mistaken. Sometimes the USB port works perfectly. An hour or a day later, using the same flash drive, it won't load. It goes through steps 1 and 2, SLOWLY, and then goes back to step 1 again. Suggestions?
Did you find a solution as mine does this as well????

I'm sure I did a firmware update check for this about 6 months ago and there wasn't one. Did one the other day and there was one... Bit strange as thought this was now unsupported!!! Anyone know what the latest one was for???

Anyone else using this with a sub?

Does anyone have a Denon RCD-N7 that doesn't work? The main bottom pic board on mine got fried by my two year old putting soap down the iPod jack on top. Denon won't sell the bottom board.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom