1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon Rack ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by perry ferrit, Nov 26, 2001.

Tags:
  1. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having bought the denon AVC-A1SE i am having trouble finding a hi fi a/v rack to fit the beast on. Has any one else had the same problem and what was the solution. Your help would be most appreciated.:confused:

2. kev_c

kev_c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why noy try a Quadraspire rack. You can specify the height of the colums and how deep you want the rack. In the case of the AV rack, the largest size is quite big.

Check out http://www.quadraspire.co.uk/

3. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I have the Soundstyle XS105, £299 from Pounds (but widely stocked). The AVCA1SE fits perfectly on the bottom shelf.

4. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, thanks for your help but what about the 100 mm gap above AVC-A1SE that the amp needs for air to circulate, surely the next shelf up would restrict the air flow. How much of a gap have you got between top of amp and underside of next shelf up.:confused:

5. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The Quadraspire stands are probably your best bet. If you went for the new reference stand (from £800) you would never have to worry about ventilation as the shelves have no middles so air circulation is increased greatly. It would also greatly improve the pereformance of your DVD player, unless it's on a dedicated wall shelf at the moment.

The Q4 standard stands start from £280.

6. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I have about 50mm space above the amp on the Soundstyle rack and have had no problems with overheating. Pounds have been supplying these racks for some time and have had no problems. The amp is open on all other sides so there is plenty of chance for good air circulation.

7. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks carl b and everybody else for your advice, i think i will go with the soundstyle rack, any one know were is the cheapest place to buy soundstyle rack on the net ????

8. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Sorry Perry but I don't know of any cheap net stockists. The rack comes pre-built (as it is extremely rigid for performance reasons) so I imagine shipping costs will be high. If you can find a local stockist it would be probably be better.

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you looked in Richer sound they have a nice Metal/glass thing for £150 It sould do?

10. boogie man

boogie man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    sorry boys you forgot to tell about stands unique it has 10mm glass all round & takes upto 250 kg per shelf my AVC A1SE slots in nice take alook at the av stands or heres a picture
    http://www.standsunique.com/

Attached Files:

11. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks Great! But you never see any cables in these pictures do you?