1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon processor - any news

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by David Bier, Jan 22, 2002.

1. David Bier

David Bier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had heard a rumour that Denon were working on a processor that would effectively be an AVC-A1 without the power amps. Personally I'd be very interested in a product like that.

Does anyone have an update on this?

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +831
    Hi

Still just rumours at the moment. If your looking at something like this, why not just buy an A1SE and use its pre-outs for offboard amps?

Probably work out cheaper than a new processor, if it ever appears!

Seeing as the A1SE is due to be upgraded to include the new formats this could be a way forward for you.

3. David Bier

David Bier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got an AVR-3300 and am thinking of upgrading it with a Rotel 5 channel power amp. I'll then want a processor because I won't want to pay for amplification twice - plus a processor will take up less rack space

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +831
    See what you mean!

You could always bi-amp all the channels if your speakers are bi-wireable!!

You´d save on gas bills as well, with all the heat generated by the amps, you wouldnt need central heating:D

5. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I heard a few weeks back that Denon were to do a 10%-90% split of the A1SE (their words, not mine) to release the processor section and a 7 channel amplifier individually.

This is something that I'm interested in, bi-amping the A1SE with a matching power amp.

I did write to Denon before (about 4 or 5 months ago) but they came back with the old "we don't release information on future or impending products etc. etc." chestnut.

Mark

6. David Bier

David Bier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What does 10%-90% split mean - size, cost, weight, likelihood of making it to production?