1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon problems!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by princephilly, Sep 1, 2004.

Tags:
  1. princephilly

princephilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone!!!!!
    Im a bit confused, i have a denon avr-3805 amp which i have plugged a denon dvd-2900 dvd player in and a sky+ box, im using component from the dvd and s-vhs from the sky. im coming out of the amp via the component out and into a keene component splitter as i have to run it all to a plasma and a lcd projector. Now the problem, dvd is fantastic through both the plasma and projector but when i switch to sky+ via the amp i get a picture but there are loads of RED lines all over the picture on both the projector and the plasma!! also when i select the on-screen display from the amp i get red lines over the screen!!!!!!
    can anyone help please????????????

2. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to eliminate the cause. Start by removing the Keene Splitter and just connect directly from the Denon to the Plasma or PJ and see if Sky+ still shows the red lines. You also need to try and connect Sky+ directly to the Plasma or PJ to see if they're still present. If they're not in both cases then it points to the Denon and it's Video UpConversion (I assume that's what you're doing) or the Keene Splitter.

3. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Can you do 1 quick test? Get the on-screen menu up - it has the red lines? Unplug the Sky+ input to the 3805. Are the red lines still there?

Piers
    www.homecinemaengineering.com

4. princephilly

princephilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well the sky is ok cause i have it directly connected to the plasma aswell via scart!!

5. princephilly

princephilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i will try unplugging sky to see if the red lines are still there tonight when i get home but from memory i think they were

6. princephilly

princephilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i tried everything last night and no joy!!!!!!!! looks like it could b the amp i think!!!
    Any other thoughts???